Wednesday, April 4

 “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude,
 a quiet joy.” — Ralph H. Blum
 Image: "Tulip" by Ddsnet
       Good morning everyone,
I got carried away with my studies and missed my usual deadline. How was your Tuesday? Mine was good. I'm seeing progress----my car will be fixed in a few days. My mechanic is popular. He was not able to see my car until today.
My Gratitudes for Today:
1.  I took care of practical duties today. It always reduces mental clutter when I do.
2.  I visited with my youngest son.  I was disappointed
with something he said. But I'm glad he was comfortable enough to tell me.
3.  My car will be fixed soon. It will make life more convenient, but not by much.
4.  I wrote a friend. I look forward to the clarity I'll get after she shares her response.
5.  I had a terrific conversation with different friend. I appreciate the support and connection I get as a result of living in community with others.
6.  I'm thankful for writing. Putting thoughts to paper creates clarity. It helps me express what's going on inside. Laid out on paper, I'm able to understand what's going on within me.
7. Tomorrow I'll go for a bike ride with a friend, for at least an hour. Our times together cycling are fun. It's a less jarring way to get exercise than running. I can feel the stress roll off my body as I roll through the streets.
8. I enjoying visiting with those who drop by. I really like your comments and your encouragement about this inn. Thank you for stopping by when you do!

2 comments:

aileen said...

It is Wednesday morning. I woke up and was startled by the thought that I had forgot to blog yesterday. I will do my 3 gratitudes for yesterday now:
1. grateful to have opportunity for the next 2-3 days to simply enjoy my living space without the early morning to late evening
presence of my parat time room being here, as this person visits with a friend in LA.

2. Grateful to have had a plesant study break because a person I enjoy called unexpectedly. It was good to be told that I contribute much to this person's life and being told that I am considered a "wonderful person."

3. That I was able to enjoy lisening to music that I'd forgotten I had in response to feeling aggitated by the tenant below me playing their music which was interferring with the quiet I prefer when doing my not so easy homework. I found that the music I played for myself helped to dissipate my upset enough to continue study.

The most important gratitude for yesterday was that I lost some money and was able to just accept that it was gone without becoming very upset as would have been the case a few months ago especially as my economic situation is pretty bad right through now.

Thank you for this creating The Attitude of Gratitude Inn.

Pablo said...

Good morning, Aileen,

I'm in agreement with you. Solitude and silence are among my favorite spiritual disciplines. I'd go insane without them.

It must have felt good, getting that affirmation from a friend. I bet it was a pleasant surprise.

I really like the authenticity of your posts. I'm sorry you lost some money. Losses like that do pull on our emotions. I bet you were frustrated. Remember to breathe. It's good for the heart and soul.

You put a smile on my face with your three gratitudes for today. Thank you. You have my support and that of others who visit the inn.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels