Monday, April 16

Gratitudes and Removal of Clutter

Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the
 completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist
 merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.
Henri Frederic Amiel    
     Good evening, everyone,

I don't know why, but I'm writing this post earlier than normal. It's good hearing from so many of you lately.  I like it.  Communication, community, fellowship and openness are fantastic qualities for any inn. Thanks for helping to improve this place with
your insights, encouragement and comments.

      I'm a bit tired, but happy. Traveling sixteen miles in 50 minutes, on my bike, was tonight's workout. That's moving at a good clip for the innkeeper: 19.2 miles per hour average.  He wasn't a cyclist until recently.  It was fun flying along the shore of Alameda Island. I also had moments zipping through city streets and navigating through two different congested parts of this island city.

      I went in stealth mode, during some of my journey.  I traveled through places I wasn't supposed to be---I got past a guard. It was part of tonight's fun, while riding.

     During portions of my ride I sped at 30 miles per hour.  It was frustrating skidding to a stop at signal lights, five times.  A new bicycle seat was tested; it is an improvement. I need to make adjustments.  For the mountain bike I have, I'm pleased with tonight's results.

     Visions of flying through the air, due to a crash, coursed through my mind---last time I passed 27 mph I flew like Superman right into a mud puddle, tearing up my left, dominant thumb. Fortunately tonight's ride had no mishaps.
My Gratitudes For Monday:
1. I slept well last night. It helps my mind to not be so foggy when I get seven hours of sleep. I appreciate getting balance in my life and the rest I need.
2. I'm enjoying getting to know several of you. I appreciate how caring you are and the support you offer.
3. I love the healthy meals I've been cooking. I'm staying away from sugar and starches.
4. I'll be getting together with all my sons soon. We'll have a game night. I like the trust and warmth we share whenever we are together.
5. I thank God for my health. I'm grateful that I'm exercising---it's a perfect way to discharge the negative energy I encounter throughout the week and negative residue from my past.
6. I'm removing clutter in my home. I love it when I do that. I feel better and my mind is less distracted, I feel more harmony and ease in the home, when I take care of myself this way. And, I can find my things! 

4 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I have been thinking of taking up bicycling recently myself. I do a lot of running/elliptical but I would like to change things up and bit. Sounds as if you're enjoying it!

aileen said...

Hi, Pablo,

My gratitudes for this day include a deeper appreciation for my physical health after supporting a dear friend through a rough time w/chemo therapy reaction the last several days; having easy access to a wide variety of fresh organic fruits and vegetables to nourish myself; finishing up the first book of two on physiology and anatomy and staying fairly on target with my study plan. Life is good and we are so very blessed to enjoy living in one of the best places on earth. I am trusting that your cycling will soon inspire me to walk the beach a few blocks from my apt. Good night!

Pablo said...

Keith, I'm sorry for not answering this post sooner. Somehow it escaped me.

I think you'd love cycling. I really do. It's non-jarring. I've been running since I was eleven. I love it. But, there something about biking---you still get the sense of the street but there's a bigger, faster experience with the terrain. It's thrilling riding up to 33 miles per hour on a bike. I'm one with the bike and road and it's all a result of using my own power!

Being a runner, using a bike is a snap. Plus, you can coast---something I can't do when running. It helps me that I have a cyclometer. It is attached to the handle bar. I can see my speed, time elapsed, maximum speed and distance.
I like seeing the progress I'm making. I'm using it to made out soon to be morning runs in my community. My stopwatch and I like knowing the half mile splits.

If you don't have a bike, rent one to see how exercising with it goes. Let me know, if you do. I'm about to head out for a ride while it's still cool. Can't wait.

Pablo said...

Aileen,

I'm sorry for missing this post. Thank you for dropping by. Kudos to you for being there for a friend! I'm sure she is touched by your service.

I admire your disciplined routine while studying. It might help to invest in yourself by going for that walk. It may allow you to decompress from the stress of your studies.

Thanks for your gratitudes. They inspire me!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels