Saturday, April 14

Seizing the Pleasures of Life


    I got together with friends this morning.  A time in which my soul was nurtured by
belonging with a group of others was had. Lucky me---really.
    As the day went on, my friends and I took a stroll, followed by a shared lunch. The salad prepared was fantastic. I hadn't had one with pears before---in a non-fruit salad.
    I'm so glad delighting in things that once passed my attention. Today, I noticed the cranberries and the salad dressing.  I took in the smiles shared with each other and the caring, stimulating conversation of those around me. Best of all, I laughed!
    Being in tune with the world around me---feeling my senses and being in touch with them is creating an aliveness that is deeper than anything I've known before.  It's wonderful seizing life, no longer allowing fearful control or other static in my mind to distract me from the beauties that life offers each day. 
    I'm sure you can read within my post the many gratitudes I have for Saturday. 
How about you? 
1. What has been nurturing your soul lately? 
2. What are you noticing, that at one time you passed, in your desire to be efficient for the day? 
3. What is the more primal part of you sensing today? What might your soul, not your mind, be saying to you? Please share. 

2 comments:

Syd said...

I find that my sense of smell is so acute but listening to live music last night was nice. I enjoy not having as much on my agenda as I once did.

Pablo said...

Hi there, Syd,

Thanks for your answer. Isn't interesting the senses that come alive, when we are in touch with our felt sense?

Music is good. I look forward to seeing my favorite jazz pianist soon.

It must feel good slowing down, to smell the seashore, enjoying time with your wife and walking with your new dog.

Thanks for dropping by. I'll be sending you a letter soon. I have an idea. It'll be an email. My address will say: "The Gratitude Guy."

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels