Monday, April 9

Like Calls to Like. A Late Morning Surprise----Thank You

The energy of gratitude in our lives draws more and
more of the things we desire to us, almost by magic.
Image: "Cumbria: Hardknott Pass" by Tim Blessed. Copyrighted
 photo, used by permission. (Photographer's caption.)
      Good morning, one and all,

Writing about vampires in my last post made me one this morning.  I busily
worked away until the early hours of the day. (No, I didn't bite anyone, although I felt like it----anything to make this one person improve. lol ) Then, when daylight approached, I napped.

     I was relieved to awaken and not find myself shrouded with a cape.  :)
 
     What a terrific way to greet this day: several of you dropped by. You signed the registry with lovely comments sprinkled throughout the rooms of this inn. Thank you!  Your encouragements put a smile on this innkeeper and a happy dance within his heart. I appreciate that you enriched this inn and christened this new week with a joyful beginning.

      You who drop by this inn of thanks refute much that's said about online relationships. I so appreciate your honesty, vulnerability and authenticity. Your comments, your blogs, your kindness and tender spirits emanate an authenticity and maturity that resonates with my desire for healthy, mutual, dynamic relationships with others.

      I'm amazed with what I find in your blogs, in the comments within them. There IS hope for mankind. We have so much more in common than we do that is dissimilar. May each of your tribes increase.

      Guests to this home of gratitude confirm convictions of mine born from a quaint poem.  Through his work, this particular poet emotionally took me by the hand when I journeyed through adolescence and early adulthood. Part of the poem I have in mind says:
Like calls to like we are met by the traits we show  
Where love will find a friend, hate will find a foe. 
***************************************** 
      Just like the caption in today's photo, I'm thankful for luxuriating in the positive part of this poem. Now, if only my baseball team would win a game.  I'll talk with you soon.

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Like you, I have also found comfort in sharing stories through blogs and through seeing the stories and lives of similar sould throughout the world.

Also, who's your baseball team?

Pablo said...

Keith,

I agree with you. The blogosphere community certainly broadens our perspective on humanity, doesn't it?

Thanks for asking about my team. It is the San Francisco Giants. They opened the season 0-3 for the first time in 28 years.

Today, how was it for you at work?

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels