Thursday, April 12

Tried, But Not Overcome By Anger


      I wrote a story for this evening and my computer crashed. I'll try again tomorrow. I'm pooped so I'll leave you with my thanks and call it a night.
My Gratitudes for Wednesday:
1. I did not get irritated when a neighbor keep me awake until 6:00 a.m. with a tirade she had with her young adult son. I'm thankful for the equanimity we can have, even during trying times. No one can
make me happy or upset without me giving them permission to do so.
"Forgiveness saves us the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of happiness."  
                Hannah More
2. I'm glad I have a plan if the same scenario occurs tonight. I'll call the police. I'm thankful for peace of mind this Plan B provides me. I'm not helpless. I have options.
3. I rode my bike for 14 miles today, along with another friend.
      I love coursing beneath the canopies of tree lined streets.  The blustery wind made for fun when it was behind me----I got up to riding my bike at 30 mph./50kph. The other side to riding in this type weather was the workout I had when facing the head winds.
      Part of our tour took us along the south shore of the island. The wind-whipped waves were more than five feet tall---not common for a place known for placid water.  Beyond the bay were the wooded mountains of the San Francisco Peninsula.
4. I spent time with someone I mentor, in the afternoon. We took a look at the issue of being controlling. Our conversation was rich and encouraging. I'm thankful for times of connection and closeness with others.
5. I met with several friends tonight; we hung out at a restaurant.  When we first got there, I surprised them. I shared for a half hour a bunch of silly jokes.  They saw a side to me they hadn't seen before.  There was plenty of laughter, smiles and good natured ribbing.

     Okay, here's one of the jokes I told them: when I was born, I was so ugly that instead of slapping me the doctor slapped my mother.  (Rim shot on the drums, please.)

      Life is great when it's stimulating, full of joy, humor and harmony. It lifts my spirit belonging to a group of dearly loved friends.

     A grateful but tired innkeeper.

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Ha that joke gave me a chuckle to start my morning. Hope you have a great day Pablo!

Pablo said...

Keith,

What would we do without humor? It's so good having you drop by and greet me in the mornings. Thank you!

Wishing you a terrific weekend. How's your cat?

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels