Tuesday, April 17

The Innkeeper Can Be Stubborn, Especially When Pushed. But He Felt a Lot Better After Riding His Bike for 21 Miles and Having Pizza.

My Gratitudes for Tuesday: 
1. My bike ride. (See previous post for details) I survived a rigorous but invigorating ride.  I'm reliving my second childhood. :)  I'm grateful for the many years of running that my legs have.  I was in track and cross country in school. Used to run 10 Ks years ago and have run four marathons, my first, when
I was 14.
     I'm experiencing no aches and pains the day after my bike workouts.  Am I glad.  When the summer comes, ladies, you'll have to watch out when I wear my shorts! :)
2. I had pizza tonight. It's been ages since I have. Yum! It was fun being a fly on the wall, watching the young families who were there with me.  I heard a lot of good dialog that I can use in my writing, the darnedest things.
3. Saturday, I'm going to see my favorite jazz pianist at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco.  I love hearing him play. I'm treating someone for her birthday.
4. I'm happy. My life has so much more clarity than I had eight years ago.  I love my autonomy. I'm glad for my character discernment.  It helps me select healthier people, when I include other in my life.
5. My baseball team won tonight. They're doing better than they were. The Giants are hitting much better than last year. Their pitching is still presenting problems, as is their fielding. Fifteen errors so far, the most of any team in the major leagues. Yikes!
6. I'll be going for a ride tomorrow with a friend. Can't wait.
7. I'm sleeping better.  I look less like a racoon.  Now, little kids don't scream when I look at them. :)
8. I'm enjoying new friends I'm meeting here, and in real life.
9. Not allowing expectations from others to determine what I do.
     I'm grateful for the freedom of making my own choices. I don't allow others to make them for me, especially if they try to use manipulation or intimidation, which is another form of it.
    Someone wanted to ride along with me today. He didn't ask.  That rubbed me the same way that the gravel did, when I tumbled of my bike at 27 mph,  a few weeks ago. (I still have scabs from that occasion.)
    I have a strong need for autonomy.  I don't like being told what I'm going to do.  I'm thankful that I left without him. Next time, he can ask me. And I'll have to think about it.
   
     We get what we tolerate.

    Good night everyone, Mr. Sandman is calling me. 

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Sounds like things are going very well for you Pablo - I am happy to read this post. Also, your bike rides sound like quite the experience! You haven't had pizze for years? I don't think I could manage going more than a month :)

Vanessa Higgins said...

I experienced a second childhood last summer. I sang everywhere I went, I created collages (woow!), I made friends, innocently believing in the good of others and I wrote out all my dreams and fears several times a day. It was a freeing release….

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels