My Gratitudes for This Evening
1. This upcoming year will be my best ever, in all areas. Spiritually, mentally, physically, relationally, and financially.
2. I'm thankful for God's deep love for me and his gracious patience towards me.
3.For God's provision. Neither my job nor my paycheck are my provision: God is.
4. John, Ann, Anne, Lisa and Kevin were supportive towards me today. Thank you. You don't know how much iyour thoughtfulness and kindness mean to me!
5. I'm always happy when others post their comments. That happened today.
6. I will be with some dear friends tomorrow morning---I can't wait!
7. I'm happy to have developed new friends this week.
8. I was able to express my views three times this week, publicly, before several others. I enjoy doing so. It was fun.
9. I'm thankful for each of you who drop by.
10. I'm thankful for growing discernment. It's helping me to distinguish between friends and acquaintances, between who are the safe people in my life and those who aren't
11. I'm thankful for my life, my sons, and my relationship with God.
12. I'm grateful for books---I'd die without them.
The Power of Prayer
I value the power of prayer. It calms me, it allows me to release to God the areas in my life that are overwhelming and it allows me to connect with the ineffable aspects of life. I am as strong spiritually as I am in my prayer.
Key to prayer is shutting up. I need to be still, allowing God to speak to me as my soul is freed the distractions of life. When I'm busy with activity, I'm unable to hear His Voice, when He reaches out to me.
"Be still and know I am God"