Tuesday, December 20

Serenity: Tackling (Only) Today's Troubles

Image: "Countryside: Buttercups and Daisies by Tim Blessed. All rights reserved, used by permission

         Hello everyone, 
I hope this entry in the inn's registry finds you rested and well. If not, I wish you have time to decompress. 
      Life is good. There are issues I face in the upcoming year.  From a distance, they could appear, like dark clouds of an impending storm. Fortunately, I'm not alone as I handle them. I know many of them are actually celestial mirages of hurricanes of despair.  Life is simpler and more serene, when we just tackle today's troubles, not focusing on tomorrow's problems or yesterday's grief.
     The best part is that, with many of my concerns, I needn't worry. Concerns about loved ones I leave in God's care.  Over the past eight years, I've learned to retire my cape. The tights were getting a little snug, anyway. The best I can offer friends and loved ones are my love, empathy, experience, strength, hope and getting out of their way.
     My personal challenges are lightened, too, when I avail myself to God's help and support from close friends.  


1.  I rested today. I slept in.
2.  I caught up on correspondence, the old fashioned way.  I used pen, paper, stamp and envelope.  I know it's quaint, doing so. Along with its quaintness is greater warmth, and a personal touch. 
3.  The inn had six hundred and eighty-seven guests today. Thanks for dropping by!  I love it when you leave your gratitudes. Please do.
4.  My team won today, on Monday Night Football. I made time to watch the game by rearranging my schedule.
5. I'll spend time with my youngest son tomorrow evening. We'll be making gifts.
     I'll talk with you more, soon. I'm tired and heading for bed.  You've heard my gratitudes. Would it be possible for me to hear yours?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Paul-
It's good to find you in so much gratitude, although, I can't really say I'm surprised. :)

Thanks for stopping by my place. I just posted today, actually. I am doing relatively well. I have a lot of blessings and I try to thank God for them every day. I am also struggling with a couple of areas, and I try to ask God to help me in those areas as well. I am on Christmas break from school...so is Myles, but my break is a little longer than his.

I apologize for being MIA lately. I've gotten in the bad habit of reading posts from my phone...and it is hard to comment from my phone, so I've been a silent reader. I will work on changing that. :)

To end this,

I am grateful for my health and the health of my loved ones.
I am grateful for the roof over my head.
I'm grateful for the small feeling I have that things will be okay, despite the way I feel now.

Pablo said...

Kelly,

Could you believe it? I was not able to comment in my own blog. Frequently, I have to use another program to drop by this inn. Doing so prevents me from commenting or posting.

So good seeing you; thanks for dropping by. I wrote you and then you posted at your place. Glad you shared what's going on with you.

You have my support. Regarding Jermaine, you're going in direction that will meet your need for consistency, reliability and tranquility----all good steps.

I still haven't heard what was your high point for this past week, even though I can guess one possible answer.

Swinging by here more often would be nice. I miss your company. I figured you've been a Silent Reader.

Thanks for sharing your gratitudes. I know I can count on you doing so, when you drop by.

Have fun this Christmas. My sons and I will do some pre-Christmas preparing tonight. It'll be fun hanging out together.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels