Tuesday, December 27

Taking a Breather

      Hello there,

The innkeeper is back from the holiday. I hope you had a terrific Christmas Sunday with family and friends.   My sons and I celebrated the day for ten plus hours. We wrapped up the night seeing the new "Mission Impossible" movie.

       Remembering  to take deep breaths when the holidays roll around is something I need to do. Yesterday there was house cleaning--before and after all the festivities,  a Christmas dinner to prepare (with plenty of dishes to wash afterwards) and a home to spruce up for the day. On top of that, I played the guitar, sang with my sons Christmas carols and we read Christmas stories as a family.

      Over the weekend, I wrote two Christmas stories to share with you, who visit this inn. Did you get a chance to read them? Here's one.  and here's the other. The second is about the influence one person can have. 

    "Tired" inadequately defines how I felt today. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy.  I am. Christmas seems like yesterday, even though technically it's early Tuesday morning.

      Thanks for dropping by over the weekend, we had more than 1,600 visitors. Some of you may not know this blog is just a baby. It's only been around 9 months.

 1. I took a nap this evening. Good for me. I responded to my body's needs when I'm in H.A.L.T.
2. I'm thankful for preparing the Christmas meal in advance, on Friday. It made Sunday more bearable. I enjoyed the fruits of  exercising discipline and order.
3. I thankful for this inn. There are more than 2,000 gratitudes I've expressed here. Research shows that those who are optimistic and grateful live longer, are happier and have better health, in addition it reduces the likelihood of dementia. I'm all for that!

   As I mention in the description of the blog above, underneath my header,  I ask if  the visitors of this inn can share three things for which they are grateful.  What are yours? I've shared mine. Your gratitudes would meet my need for mutuality and community.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels