Saturday, December 31

The Power of Prayer

My Gratitudes for This Evening

1. This upcoming year will be my best ever, in all areas. Spiritually, mentally, physically, relationally, and financially.
2. I'm thankful for God's deep love for me and his gracious patience towards me.
3.For God's provision. Neither my job nor my paycheck are my provision: God is.
4. John, Ann, Anne, Lisa and Kevin were supportive towards me today. Thank you. You don't know how much iyour thoughtfulness and kindness mean to me!
5. I'm always happy when others post their comments. That happened today.
6. I will be with some dear friends tomorrow morning---I can't wait!
7. I'm happy to have developed new friends this week.
8. I was able to express my views three times this week, publicly, before several others. I enjoy doing so. It was fun.
9. I'm thankful for each of you who drop by.
10. I'm thankful for growing discernment. It's helping me to distinguish between friends and acquaintances, between who are the safe people in my life and those who aren't
11. I'm thankful for my life, my sons, and my relationship with God.
12. I'm grateful for books---I'd die without them.

The Power of Prayer

       I value the power of prayer. It calms me, it allows me to release to God the areas in my life that are overwhelming and it allows me to connect with the ineffable aspects of life. I am as strong spiritually as I am in my prayer.
       Key to prayer is shutting up. I need to be still, allowing God to speak to me as my soul is freed the distractions of life. When I'm busy with activity, I'm unable to hear His Voice, when He reaches out to me. 

   "Be still and know I am God" 
               Psalms 46:10 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels