Tuesday, January 22

Great Conversation, Grateful Day, Glad to Connect With You 1/22/13

Tonight's conversation was delightful.
      Good evening everyone,

I haven't had a computer for days----since Saturday.  Where do I start?   I'm posting this, by dint
of will.

      I'm tired. Yep, I am.  I'm borrowing a laptop to get this in.  So much to share.

      Sunday, my sons and I watched the 49ers football team test our faith. They quickly fell behind in the game.  I was confident in their abilities, reassuring my sons.

       I plied them with the inane info that logged into my noggin.  I had read maybe twenty articles prior to Sunday's event.

       [The quarterback was adopted----his mother is trying to reach out to him, putting him on the spot, using twitter to communicate with him. She was nineteen when she gave him up. While in college he was drafted by a professional baseball team, to be a pitcher.]

       The inevitability of the outcome was clear to me----during the game the Niners inexorably marched forward, not phased when down by more than two touchdowns.  They are now getting ready to play in the Super Bowl!!

       [While in high school, the quarterback----Colin Kaepernick-----would challenge a friend, a teammate on the school's basketball team to a race.  Colin would always lose.  No matter. 

       Every day, he would challenge this friend again.  The other fellow eventually became a Division I college champion sprinter.]

       We celebrated my oldest son's birthday while watching the game.  I wrote him a poem for the occasion. We'll go shopping soon for a gift.  He and I, Pablos senior and junior, have both been busy with work.

       Afterwards, I saw the Hobbit movie with my youngest son.  Then saw two others, after that.  I viewed them all for free. Along with refreshments that were gratis.

       Talking a break from work and the intense studying I usually do was refreshing.  It was great.  Ya ay!

.............

        This evening I enjoyed a delightful evening with someone.  Our conversation was honest, authentic, feeling oriented, caring, warm, friendly and best of all----positive.  We joined a group of friends later.

        After the event was over, this same person and I continued our conversation.  It's nice connecting with someone on the same wavelength, and doing so, effortlessly.

        One topic was nonviolent communication.  NVC is a wonderful gift, knowing how to courteously and calmly express our needs while at the same time being kind and considerate towards another.  It was wonderful relating with someone who has a terrific personality.

...............

       Monday, I rode my bike for thirty miles. That's quite a ride.  I needed to unwind after going through several intense sessions that day.

       Treating myself is part of my personal growth. Witnessing the sun sink beyond the San Francisco Peninsula mountains, into the Pacific Ocean as I rolled along the shore took not only the daylight with it, but also a lot of the stress I endured that day

        I rode home along the shore of the San Francisco Bay.  I didn't have my jacket on even though it was cold.  My metabolism was revved up.

............

       Next week, I'm speaking before a group.  My topic will be gentleness,  I'll share about the need to have it towards others and ourselves.  It's a crucial quality to have, if we seek healing. 

Gratitudes for Tuesday: 
1.  I enjoyed the one-on-one conversation  I shared today, the one I had before and after being with a group of friends.  It was invigorating, encouraging and uplifting----I was happy relating with a like-minded and like-spirited person.
2.  I'm glad I rode my bike fifteen miles today.
3. My cyclometer was fixed yesterday.  I deeply value having concrete data about my daily cycling, you have no idea. If it's not recorded on my cyclometer, the ride didn't happen, in my opinion.   I so love seeing progress. 
4. I look forward to speaking next Tuesday, and the topic.
5. I had time for myself this afternoon, I studied the important role "good time" has if we want to experience healing and characterological growth. Good time happens when we stay present, not allowing past traumas to rob us from this very moment, the only real time we have.
6.  I overcame discouragement today.  I placed principles above my personality.
7.  I get to sleep in tomorrow.
8.  I'm happy for my youngest son. He is doing well in his new job and he is still pursuing the training he needs for his eventual career.
9.  I'm happy I could connect with you, the guests to this inn.

       Soon, I'll take my computer in.  Right now, the guy who works on my computers is busy.  I have to wait before he can see me.
10. I am indebted to friends who support me. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have great nights like I had today!

How About You? 
What are at least three gratitudes you have for this lovely day? I love it, when I hear from you!

4 comments:

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

Tonight, Tuesday, January 22, I am grateful for;

1. A great chat today with my companies HR person and timely clarity regarding parameters for returning to work. Great to know I have their support, and more time to heal!

2. Our youngest son and friends baking cookies and hanging out watching movies in wholesome fellowship.

3. A wonderful evening of sharing with a large group of friends about the virtues and nobility in honoring others anonymity.

4. Getting one step closer to finding the right person at my ISP to help me unplug settings blockage with outgoing emails.

5. Seeing the hope and joy in a dear, close friend as something most unexpected and yet potentially beautiful unfolds before his eyes.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Congrats on your 49ers victory. So you may enjoy both your baseball team (Giants) AND football team winning the ultimate trophies in the same year if the Niners knock off the Ravens. I'll be rooting for you my friend.

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

I'm happy for you, that the time table for your return to work is viewed with sensitivity towards your needs, especially physically.

It sounds like you are still struggling with your computer. I know how that goes, believe me.

Thanks for dropping by and regularly sharing your gratitudes. I appreciate how you consistently do so!

What impact is it having on you---dropping by this inn and sharing what makes your heart sing?

Pablo said...

Keith,

Unfortunately it didn't happen. The Niners came up five yards short of a championship.

I'm confident they will be strongly motivated to improve on that bench mark.

Thank you for the positivity you offer, when you drop by!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels