Friday, January 4

A Demanding But Fulfilling Day .........1/4/13

     Good evening everyone,

I had a long and busy day.  It was inspiring seeing I could manage such a day. I met with six clients,  in two different towns, each session was
an hour and a half long.  After that, I did administrative work and made business related phone calls.

     Even though I'm tired, I'm checking in.  I also put in eighteen miles on my bike.

My Gratitudes for Today: 
1.  What an amazing day. Each client was like a different vignette.  It was like playing several chess players at once. Something I would do on occasion, when I taught chess theory at a Federal Penitentiary.

2.  I'm thankful for balance.  I stayed in the moment---delighting in the uniqueness of each client.  The joy and triumphs within the walls of my office was pleasure to witness.

3.  In the midst of my hectic day, I visited with a good friend, the head librarian at the Alameda Free Library.  Our conversation was rich, nurturing and  meaningful.

4.  One couple I saw was a delight.

     It was their first session with me. For the wife, it was her first time, ever, getting therapy.  I loved their commitment to one another.

      I marveled as they shared how they want to improve in their relationship with each other.  The smiles they had, as they looked into each other's eyes was priceless.

      We'll be meeting again, and again.

5.  I'm thankful for the three action steps that each of today's clients committed to, between today's session, and the next time we meet.

6.  I am grateful for the depth probed with all of today's clients.  It's heartening seeing their desire to get healthier, emotionally, and wiser in their interactions with those that cause them grief.

7.  At the end of my last appointment, I had to sprint to a store, six miles away, on my bike. I needed to be there within thirteen minutes----before they closed at eight p.m.  This I had to do, after a long day.  The good news is that I tried, didn't quit and succeeded.

   I made it by carrying my bike into the store----without permission.  If I had taken the time to lock it up outside, I wouldn't have made it.  I was in the store with a minute to spare.  I was able to get critical office supplies that helps me keep track of my appointments.

8.  I had a fabulous dinner at the end of the day.

How About You? 
What are your three gratitudes for today? 

1 comment:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

My three gratitudes for today:

1. The memory of my late grandparents. They visited me last night in the form of wonderful memories.

2. Finally getting over this bronchitis p.s. I scrolled through some of your recent posts and saw where you asked if it had gotten better. Sorry I still don't get those replies but I thought this morning to look. And thank you for asking.

3. I am also grateful for 2013 and all it has in store!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels