I had a long and busy day. It was inspiring seeing I could manage such a day. I met with six clients, in two different towns, each session was
an hour and a half long. After that, I did administrative work and made business related phone calls.
Even though I'm tired, I'm checking in. I also put in eighteen miles on my bike.
My Gratitudes for Today:
1. What an amazing day. Each client was like a different vignette. It was like playing several chess players at once. Something I would do on occasion, when I taught chess theory at a Federal Penitentiary.
2. I'm thankful for balance. I stayed in the moment---delighting in the uniqueness of each client. The joy and triumphs within the walls of my office was pleasure to witness.
3. In the midst of my hectic day, I visited with a good friend, the head librarian at the Alameda Free Library. Our conversation was rich, nurturing and meaningful.
4. One couple I saw was a delight.
It was their first session with me. For the wife, it was her first time, ever, getting therapy. I loved their commitment to one another.
I marveled as they shared how they want to improve in their relationship with each other. The smiles they had, as they looked into each other's eyes was priceless.
We'll be meeting again, and again.
5. I'm thankful for the three action steps that each of today's clients committed to, between today's session, and the next time we meet.
6. I am grateful for the depth probed with all of today's clients. It's heartening seeing their desire to get healthier, emotionally, and wiser in their interactions with those that cause them grief.
7. At the end of my last appointment, I had to sprint to a store, six miles away, on my bike. I needed to be there within thirteen minutes----before they closed at eight p.m. This I had to do, after a long day. The good news is that I tried, didn't quit and succeeded.
I made it by carrying my bike into the store----without permission. If I had taken the time to lock it up outside, I wouldn't have made it. I was in the store with a minute to spare. I was able to get critical office supplies that helps me keep track of my appointments.
8. I had a fabulous dinner at the end of the day.
How About You?
What are your three gratitudes for today?