Friday, January 18

It's That Time Again 1/18/13

      Hello everyone!

I hope to get my computer fixed, soon. I'm borrowing one from a friend, tonight. I'm glad I can darken the doors to this cozy place in cyberspace. 

      This week I added two more
clients to my clientele. Whew! This was a killer week in terms of work.  Thank you, for dropping by. As you know, it's during this time, the end of the week, when I ask you for your high and low point for the week. Here are mine:

My High Point(s): 
       I will spend time with someone special on Monday. This event transpired unexpectedly.  I look forward to our visit.

       I'm thankful for the meaningful times I had with clients this week. Lives are being transformed. Seeing couples leaving my office, hand-in-hand, seeing beaming smiles from formerly care-worn clients, witnessing those I serve crying,as they process the depth of their pain----critical for their healing, for feelings do not go away, if ignored---is deeply satisfying.

       I'm excited that I'm making my life count. Helping others breathe more easily, makes me happy.  Those I serve are discovering how they can meet their needs, even in the face of disappointment.

       Sunday, my sons and I will root for our team, the San Francisco 49ers, and celebrate my oldest son's birthday. 

My Low Point:
       I think I'm ill again. Ugh!  Other than that,  life is good!

How About You?
  What are your high and low points for the past week? And, did I mention that I'm having a special time this Monday?   Do I have you curious?

2 comments:

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

It was a progressive week, so please afford a bit of greediness here as I weave my High Point(s) together with my Gratitude's...

1. I could unexpectedly play cupid for a dear lady friend.

2. Unassisted, I could actually put on my right foot sock, tennis shoe, and tie it; a post-surgical first!

3. I could get a two thumbs up from my physical therapist for new knee range of motion progress.

4. I could have a very rich and productive dinner discussion with my sage mentor.

5. I could say no to my #3 petulant son firmly, yet as gently as I say my yes'.

6. A potential lifestyle solution for stuck-in-a-rut, #2 son; lucrative, but time and labor intensive 2+ month cannery and fishing boat drudgery in Alaska.

7. Creative letter writing to a loved one as venting and processing therapy; airing my thoughts before sending.

8. Hosting friends; a well-wishing couple who will visit (possibly with get-well sushi) this afternoon.

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

Dear you have a set of wings to go with your Cupid outfit? And, I'm afraid to ask, do you wear the diaper-like clothing? lol.

Hey, you are finding sources for gratitude that we usually take for granted. That's a good thing. I'm happy hearing about your physical progress.

I wish you well as you grow in your relationship with your loved ones.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels