Thursday, January 10

The Heart of Gratitude: A Guest Blog Post .......1/10/13


     Hello everyone,

This is the innkeeper.  I'm over at a friend's using his laptop.  I'm thrilled having a new guest blogger, Keith!   Thank you, for filling in, as I don't have much time on  a computer.


    I hope guests to this inn will check out his place too: Musings of an Unapologetic Dreamer.  Here's the the link.

   Here's Keith's post:
"Gratitude is the open door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude."   ~ Deepak Chopra
       I think the quote above, to me, really illustrates what is at the heart of gratitude.  We are not thankful because we are happy – we are happy because we are thankful. In essence, thankfulness leads to happiness. When we can appreciate the good things in our lives, it leads to a sense of well-being. 

       Does this mean that everything in our life is peachy-keen? Of course not.  As great as it would be, life doesn’t work that way. BUT what we can do is spend a little more time being grateful for the good things in our lives.


       No matter our struggles, there is always someone out there in the world who is struggling harder. Sometimes we should simply be grateful for the everyday things that we may take for granted: sanitation, running water, and a roof over our head. 


       It’s all about perspective. So, let us all find something, or someone, to be thankful for :)

       What does “gratitude” mean to you?

5 comments:

Broken said...

Dear Pablo,

A great post as always :)I agree that perspective is the key for inner strength and enlightenment.Gratitude plays a huge part on gaining that perspective.

I'm also sorry to hear about your computer,hope you could get it fixed soon.By the way I thank you for asking me to write as a guest blogger,I would absolutely love to but you know about my lack of time on the internet :( But my fellow guests in the inn, Carl and Keith have written some amazing posts that I know I couldnt have,so the inn is definitely being kept beautifully insightful and spiritual :)

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

I hope your trusty laptop feels better soon...

On this chilly winter weekend, gorgeous, blue-sky, sun-drenched San Francisco Bay Area Saturday, I am grateful for;

1. My cane. More fleet of foot than the walker!

2. Catching up with James Bonds "Skyfall" at home last night.

3. Young adult cooperation with household cleaning chores, and a gourmet breakfast sandwich bonus.

4. Hospital ice packs; an ingenious invention!

5. Learning to listen more carefully to what my body is telling me to do.

Pablo said...

Dear Broken,

All credit for today's content is due to Keith. He kindly kept the door open to the inn with today's post as a guest blogger.

I'm in agreement with you: how we think is critical. It affects our feelings and how we respond to life. It is the speaker of our present, the librarian of the past and the prophet of our future, as said by John Maxwell.

I'm enjoying getting to know you. Thank you for dropping by!

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

It's been a mixed blessing, not having an operating computer. I'm sleeping and reading more. I like being untethered, too.

Good for you, you're listening to your body and heeding Mother Nature. Please share another blog post soon. You now have access to this inn.

Thank you for your consistent posting of gratitudes. You are an example for many. What benefits have you found, doing so?

A curious innkeeper,

The Innkeeper

Pablo said...

Keith,

I could not agree with you more. Thanks for helping with the inn, while my access to a computer is limited.

You radiate positivity. I knew what you would share would uplift those who dropped by and heard from you.

I wish you a terrific Thursday!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels