Tuesday, December 4

Overcoming Challenges, Resting In God, Enjoying the Support of Balcony People ................12/4/12

    Good evening,

I'm beyond being tired.  Emotionally depleted and physically exhausted, I am.  I'm fighting the good fight, maintaining my equanimity, despite
the busyness and intensity of this week. This may be one of the most demanding weeks I've had in years.

     It will be exciting seeing what my Higher Power----God, as I know Him---is going to do for me.  Deadlines loom. I'm far from meeting them. My life is unmanageable, and that's okay. The most important thing being aware of my circumstances. Nothing improves without first seeing the problem.  I'm doing my best, leaving the results to God.

    Worrying is not the answer.  It is like a rocking chair.  It gives us something to do but it gets us nowhere.  A positive outcome is just as likely as a negative.  In this fact, I place my trust.

      The upside of this intense week is that I'm helping others overcome depression and self-loathing. I've mediated family disputes, helping others face their fears or feelings of abandonment. Through my times with many, they are eliminating the desire to control others, especially their adult children, if they have any.

      Many clients are learning boundaries, nonviolent communication, how to discharge negative energy stored up within their bodies, often due to abuse.

      During this time-crunched week I'm taking care of me. I'm getting rest, exercising, eating nutritious meals and maintaining my Quiet Time.  For more about that, you can read this.

Gratitudes for Today: 
1.  I had three disappointments this week. I did not let them overwhelm me. I had no idea how I was going to overcome these setbacks. I'm grateful for faith in God. I've learned it's my responsibility to handle the monkey wrenches and setbacks that pop up in my life.
     I may not be able to control my circumstances, but I do have control over how I choose to respond.
2.  Late tonight, one of the disappointments was solved by a person who created it. That was totally unexpected and a wonderful blessing.
3.  I love seeing breakthroughs with clients. That happened this evening with one of them. It's an amazing job, helping others relieve their pain. It's my joy helping them become the person they want to be.
4. I was encouraged with a client I saw recently.  He is overcoming severe abuse as a child. He's been responsive to the alternative steps I share with him. They allow him to stay in the solution.  He's learning that he has choices, he is not a helpless, hopeless victim.

How About You? 
What is a breakthrough you've recently experienced?  May I hear from you? That would be great!

6 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I hope you are able to get some much-needed rest at the end of such a demanding week Pablo. You should treat yourself to something!

Pablo said...

Keith,

Your support means much to me. I'm hoping to go see a movie this weekend. If the rainy weather lets up, I'll treat myself to a leisurely ride along the San Francisco Bay. I still might do it, even if it rains, come to think of it!

I plan to ride for forty miles----it will do me good, in more ways than one.

Broken said...

We all have such tiring weeks,but as you've implied whats important is to be aware of this.Give yourself a good alone time,go for that ride :) and take some rest,its honestly the best therapy I know :D

Also I'm so glad about your clients progress,im sure your exhaustion is appreciated wholeheartedly by them :)

Take care!

Syd said...

I am glad that things got somewhat resolved. I'm sorry for the stressful week. Take care, my friend.

Pablo said...

Dear Broken,

Thank you, for your ideas. I did what you suggested. Cycling helped remove some of the built up stress. Now, the word rest. Could you please define that word for me? :->

I'm glad to help others. What's important, is having balance. I want to make sure I don't neglect my needs, that's something easy to do, if I'm not careful.

I appreciate you dropping, reading and commenting!

Pablo said...

Dear Syd,

Good seeing you again. Sometimes, stress is a side-product, when I'm going through a season of growth.

I know during such seasons I need to take care of myself. Slowing down, prayer, meditation, nutritious food and exercise are key to keeping my serenity and sanity.

I wish you a great weekend!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels