Monday, December 3

   Good evening,

I'm slipping this post under the wire, before the new day arrives.  Did you have a fine Monday?

My Gratitudes for Monday: 
1.  Wow. I've been on the go. Today, I saw four clients.  I'm tired. Sessions take their toll on me.  The gratitude in that?  It forces me to cling to God. I am not capable of doing anything, apart from His strength and the encouragement of knowing His love.
2.  I'm making time tomorrow to take care of my needs. I'm glad that in the midst of the professional obligations I take time to H.A.L.T.  HALTing allows me to keep balance and reminds me to keep a close eye on my needs and meet them.
3.  I came across a former client.  I dropped by her job. No, not to see her. I know others who work at the same place. It was a fascinating experience. I saw sides to her I never knew, and it wasn't good. In fact, it was scarey.  I appreciate the deeper understanding I have regarding her nature.
4.  I had terrific sessions today. I love seeing clients making progress.
5.  I rode twenty-three miles today.
      And I didn't get shot at, killed or mugged. I rode down a very dangerous street in Oakland---International Blvd, all the way down East 14 the Street from Marina Blvd. in San Leandro.  I ended up at 17th and Harrison, not far from Lake Merritt.

     All told, I rode twenty-eight miles today.
6. I gathered with friends tonight. I'm glad I did. The subject matter was one I like: having a spiritual awakening.
7. I will have time to relax a bit tomorrow morning. I need the rest!
8. I enjoy the close friendships I have with others.  Their support undergirds me when I'm a bit frayed.
How About You?
 What gratitudes do you have for Tuesday?

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels