Sunday, December 23

The Source for Equanimity ........12/23/12

     My Gratitudes for Sunday:

1.  I watched my football team get beaten, badly.  I was happy to have a change of pace. Watching the team play allowed me to get acquainted with the players.  I like the
solidarity I had with the other fans who watched the game with me.  I enjoyed belonging to a communal group as several friends and I took in the game at a local pizza place.
2.  I rested today. There plenty to be said about relaxation, and the comfort of not being under stress.
3.  I'm grateful for everyone who drops by, especially those who post comments.  Thank you, Carl, and Broken, for sharing your gratitudes today.  I like the partnership we have when others join me in pouring positivity into the blogosphere!
4.  I look forward to spending Christmas with my sons.  The time together is cherished.  Reading a short story from Tolstoy and poetry is on tap.  We'll play cards, talk and enjoy one another's company.
5.  Today, an uplifting conversation with my youngest son, Josiah was had.  His wisdom and sensitivity was heart warming.  He asserted himself----a great quality to witness.
6. Cycling in-between outbursts of rain allowed me to celebrate my somewhat good health, I've a cold.
7.  I slept for eight hours last night, a rarity.  I certainly needed it.
8.  Time at church. A potluck followed. I got to know Andy, Felton and Alejandro, along with Daniel and Amos..  I didn't know these guys, but it didn't stop us from having a good time, getting acquainted.

How About You? 
1. What was your high point for the past week?

Equanimity: The Source
       My high point was staying the course, while under pressure.  Caving in to the stress was prevented by relying upon God; He provides the equanimity needed when handling the challenges thrust before me. The more I handle stress the easier it gets.

The Cause of a Defeatist, Whining, Negative Mentality

       I also had many marvelous experiences during sessions with my clients. I love seeing their growth, as they are becoming stronger, equipped at handling the painful residue of a difficult past and life's demands. They are asserting boundaries, forgiving, feeling their emotions and becoming gentle towards themselves.

        Most importantly, they are learning not to look at themselves as victims.   Presenting ourselves as victims is a choice, not a destiny.  A victim mentality also prevents us from taking responsibility for our behavior.

        Negativity is the viewpoint we get when not connecting with the God of our understanding.  Living life by our resources alone, apart from God----guarantees we'll whine, be depressed and greatly frustrated.

2. What was  your low point for the week?

        Mine was not sleeping well.  I'm working on this ongoing challenge.  Cycling helps. The other day I rode thirty-four miles. That zonked me out.

        Last night, I slept eight hours which is unusual. I'm hoping for more of the same tonight.  When I get little sleep, the back of my head pinches---I get a headache. Ugh!

   Okay, what are your high and low points for the past week?  I'd enjoy getting to know you better!

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels