Thursday, December 6

The Healing Power of Tears. Also, Responding To the Viscissitudes of Life 12/6/12

Image: "Cumbria: Windmere Dawn" by Tim Blessed
      Hello everyone,

How was your day?  As I said the other day, the only difference between a rut and a coffin is that the rut has the two ends kicked out.  Being in a rut, is not my plight----I'm being
stretched.  Before this week is over, I may be seven feet tall.

      After meeting with clients in Alameda, I got together in the evening with my oldest son, in Fremont.   Our time lasted five hours.  It was good.  I'm grateful for his support.

      We had dinner followed by looking at numbers related to my work.  It provided clarity----my son's a wiz with Excel formulas.  We worked on projections, analyzing my business.

My Gratitudes for Thursday:
1. I got two new clients today, making it eight new clients in the past three weeks. Wow. Tomorrow, with one client, I was hired to write.  That will be fun.
2. I'm growing as a businessman.  I'm becoming aware of areas needing help.  My son brought several areas to my attention.  I'm thankful for increased effectiveness. I'm learning plenty from him.
3. I was supported this evening.  We did statistical analysis of the numbers generated by my work.
4. I'm facing daunting areas.  This is much better than avoiding them.  I'm staying in the moment, responding, not reacting.
5. My life is unmanageable. I'm glad I aware. I'm "Letting Go and Letting God."  He can do for me what I cannot do for myself.

The Healing Power of Tears
       Work today was wonderful.  Seeing clients taking steps, overcoming their vulnerabilities is fulfilling.  Several clients cried.

       It's good they were comfortable expressing their feelings.  It expedites healing. They are indicators, letting us know if our needs are being met or not.

       I'm happy those who shed tears today were in touch with their body, their felt sense.  Tears can be a great way of discharging negative emotions. We certainly don't get our healing using our mind alone.

Responding To Life's Challenges
       After my clients calmed down, we created Action Plans addressing the challenges they faced. We always have constructive, staying-in-the solution options. We are not helpless hopeless victims.

       Every time we use healthy alternatives to address problems, we provide opportunities to create a better today, relieving ourselves from the weight of difficult emotions and worry.

Gratitude Six: I love my job, I'm glad I help others relieve their pain.

7. I had a chance, while traveling to Fremont, by local rail transit (BART), to study.  I'm glad I invested in myself. I reviewed material about coping with trauma.
8. I'm thankful for everyone, who has been supportive while I'm coping with challenges.  I appreciate your concern for me.  I'm especially thankful for recent encouragements from  Broken, Keith and Syd!
How About You? 
Here it is, nearing the end of the week.  As per usual, this is when I ask if you could check in, sharing your high and low points for the week. When you post, it allows me to know what is alive within you.  It also contributes to the community we share here.

    So, what is your story for this week? 

2 comments:

Syd said...

Glad that things are going well in business. I do my best to destress my life, putting first things first.

Pablo said...

Syd,

Could I interpret your comment as a variation of "keep it simple"?

I appreciate your visits!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels