Monday, May 5

The Beauty of Authenticity---A Partial Overview From a Tired Innkeeper ..................5/5/14

      Hi everyone.  Sunday, which just ended, was the best day I had all year.  Another day this week may replace it.  I'm expecting a fantastic gift, which will make my year.  In the meantime, I'm soaking in the wonderfulness of this day.  Oh, if you can't tell, I'm happy.

      Should I just be obvious and say it?  You have an idea as to what is going on with me.  I'm in love and this relationship is improving by the second.

The Beauty of Authenticity

      I'm happy that I have broken through the lid of my own self-imposed limitations. I say what is alive within me, what I feel, when connecting with
those dear to me.  I have let down my defenses.  I know that, in a relationship, if things don't work out, I will be okay.

     I---because of my personal growth, working through troubled areas in my life---approach relationships openly, without defenses.   Being honest with others helps me return to the present, when I'm lost.  I get lost when relating with another, when I revert to old control patterns.

     I no longer fear feeling my emotions fully.  Intimately acquainted with them I am, without being overwhelmed.  I love that I say what I feel and because of emotional object constancy, I can hear what others feel about me, without fear or alarm. The loving support that undergirds me allows me to feel comfortable in my own skin.

     I have more to write about this subject. But, I'm tired. I'll add to this post later.

     Good night. 

8 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Pablo!! I am so happy for you sir! How ironic that we would both write about being in love! You most certainly deserve this happiness. Having read your blog for so long now, I have come to know that you're a great person with a lot of love to offer. I wish you a heartfelt congratulations.

Vanessa Higgins said...

I knew you'd find love. Your passion, compassion and insight is something to be celebrated and shared. Just ride the waves of happiness and let butterflies flutter about as they may. Message me if you want to tell me all about her! Can't wait to hear!

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

On this Tuesday night, I am grateful for true love, wherever, and whenever it may find us; you, me, one and all. Congratulations, Pablo for being found, and for your lovely and miraculous find!

1. For our ripening loquat fruit, and leaves to bring to my Asian colleagues at work who cherish this sweet rarity, and brew tea from the leaves!

2. For nine productive sales calls, three deliveries, a new chef client introduction,and an early escape on the Bay Bridge from S.F., back to relative traffic sanity in the East Bay.

3. For a tasty,late-lunch, Subway tuna sandwich.

4. Water healing, aerobics, hyrdro-therapy and unwinding at the gym.

5. Some early Mother's Day shopping on line; a book of rare street photography, and a nice, big, new, cushy bicycle seat to come.

6. Some calming clarity from a once petulant son, soon to march to the Army's beat of a different drummer.

Superman said...

Dear Innkeeper,
Congratulations! Witnessing how your growth process has brought love and joy is an inspiration. :0)

Pablo said...

Dear Keith,

Thank you, for dropping by! Your words almost make me blush, which is hard to do, with my olive complexion. :->

I always feel better when you drop by. I apologize for the tardiness of this reply. Thank you for your patience. I've been putting in long hours at work. There much that goes into my work, besides seeing clients.

Pablo said...

Vanessa,

You are so sweet. Thank you for your lovely words and encouragement. :-> I agree, relationships is like surfing.

I am still growing in this special area. I will message you, soon.

I'm glad you visited the inn and cheered me when I first read your comments weeks ago, and when I view them, now.

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,
Thank you, for your uplifting words. I appreciate it.

I'm happy hearing things are getting better with your son. He is in my prayers.

Kudos to you, for your growing success at work.

Pablo said...

Dear Superman,

I would benefit, having your super powers. But, I'll settle with being a mere human. It helps me relate with others who are emotionally taxed and physically worn down.

I am happy my life encourages you. It's all about being right-sized. Being a couple is realizing that we are a part of something bigger than ourselves. It is recognizing that meeting the other person's needs, while not neglecting mine, contributes towards greater unity, success and joy.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels