Saturday, May 3

The Week In Review............... 5/3/14

   This is the time of the week when we do an inventory of how the concluding week went for us.  The following is my reckoning.

Highs for The Week:
1.  I rested more.  I'm balancing the intensity of my week with sleep. I thrive more, when I relax. 
2.  I went for a walk with my good friend
Stuart yesterday, in  the Berkeley hills.  We reached a point on top of Indian Rock where I inhaled a 180 degree view of the Bay Area from Sunnyvale to Marin County, the Bay Bridge centering everything.

      Lovely.  Better, was time with a friend I've known for decades.   I like being appreciated, the connection and companionship we shared.
3.  This week brought me closer to a special conversation I will have tomorrow.  I look forward to an awesome treat when with this person tomorrow.  More about that, another day.
4.  My home is becoming increasingly organized, each day.  And it is organized to begin with.  I appreciate the order, effectiveness and wholeness I feel when I feed my inner adult.
5.  Tonight, in Richmond, at a gathering, I saw friends I haven't seen in years.  It's great to see and be seen, to know and be known.
6.  My work motivates me to write new material on a regular basis.  The result have been spectacular. Clients enjoy learning about being present, transparent, experiencing what is and discovering the difference between relating with others versus controlling them.

    Aliveness, celebration of life, challenge and clarity grows within me when my life is operating well on all twenty-four cylinders.  It is refreshing digging up, creating new material.  I love innovating and putting things together.
7. I tripped down to Big Sur at the beginning of this week.  I did not let an eleven year old person with emerging narcissistic tendencies affect the journey.  It was the first time in 2 years and two months that I drove as far as I did.  Until this month, I had not driven a car in 25 months.

     I'm grateful for the equanimity and peace I have when I live by boundaries and detach with love from those who could be emotional vampires, even when they are young.
8.  Where I am living is swell.  Quiet.  In the Thousand Oaks area of  North Berkeley.  I have everything organized.  My office in my home lets me take care of all the charting---notetaking I do. It also allows me to have the focus I need for the work I do as a writer, counselor, teacher and relationship coach.
9.  I enjoy life, tremendously.  And it is getting better.  I'm loved and supported by many. My life could not be richer.  It feels good, thriving.  That happens when we enjoy emotional object constancy---love and support from Safe People. This link is helpful too, if you want to know more about this.
10.  Today, I saw two clients.  Normally, I'm off on Saturday.  I was happy serving them.  Their needs were dire.  One sobbed during our shared time.   I'm glad I help roses burned and browned by strife.
11.  I love having a special relationship with someone incredibly intelligent, considerate and funny.  She has an amazing personality.  The best part is that she loves me.  How could I not have an Attitude of Gratitude?
12.  This week I saw clients grow.  (I also saw some people regress.)  I love witnessing individuals who are improving their lives.  Who realize that acting like a victim is a choice, not a destiny.
     
         With many, they are learning how to have relationships that have depth and are not black holes---or emotional vampires---sucking out their emotional capital.  Those I work with are learning how to honor others while honoring themselves----especially their values---also.
13.  This week I took care of me and went shopping.  Fancy that.

Lows: 
1.  I disappointed someone I like.  I don't like doing that.  But I needed to take care of myself.
2.  I was disappointed.  I look forward to how the one who disappointed me will make amends for what happened.  Can't wait.  Much hangs in the balance.  Really.
3.  I have a lot of paperwork to do.  Ugh!

How About You? 
What were your high and low points for this week? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that God gave you to all of us Pablo, it means alot to all of us :).

Pablo said...

Dear Anony,

I'm not sure I'll be able to wear my hat, after all your compliments. :->

I'm wishing you a happy birthday, in advance.

Thank you, for dropping by and making my day!

The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels