Monday, May 19

The Week in Review: Perspective From an Exhausted Innkeeper ....5/19/14

      I'm weary, worn to the bone.  Putting in a long day of work will do that.  After seeing four clients, I went to a restaurant, sitting at a booth, adding notes to their files, until 11:00.  I'm still there.

      Perspective is important.  Each new week is a mini-milestone.  They prompt me to review how I adapted to the high and low tides of  the previous week.

Highs:
1.  I said my no as gently as my
yes. I like being congruent with my integrity.  I like that I don't react when facing disappointment.  Instead, I see what I can do to take care of my needs.
2.  I saw the true nature of a relationship I've known for several years.  I appreciate having a people picker that isn't broken due to denial.

     I appreciate the harmony I have within myself, even when unpleasantly surprised.  Principles guide me.  They are less fickle, more steady, than emotions.
   
      I will express my disappointment, soon, with the person who revealed his true nature.
3.  I'm sleeping better.  Yaay!  Rest is critical for me to thrive and enjoy life fully.  Part of taking care of me is making sure I set aside time for rest.
4.  I faced challenges last week. I relied upon my standards, not swayed by the pressure of others.  I love freedom from codependency. Being internally referented provides me with the peace and joy I need.
5.  My profession makes me to grow.  I love seeing my life become richer and fuller with each new month.  I appreciate the stimulation that happens as I enjoy increasing wholeness as a person.
6.  I am grateful for every person who drops by, especially those who leave comments.  Community is what this place is about.  I am also happy for the friends I have.
7.  I treated someone who has been kind.  I took him out, listened to him and he spoke for two hours, while enjoying a terrific meal in Albany.
8.  I celebrated Mother's Day with someone who deserved to be honored.  I treated her, as she was overlooked by someone who is unable to appreciate her because of his narcissism.
9.  The Wednesday meeting was a wonderful tonic for my soul.  I like the honesty and openness demonstrated there.  It is a safe place. The gathering allows me to unwind. It is an oasis in the midst of the desert of urban living.
10. I know peace of mind and joy, even when disappointed and saddened by the selfishness of others, something I experienced the past week.

Lows: 
1.  I don't like deceit.  I experienced it, by someone I trusted.
2.  I realize I have been used.  See the preceding low.
3.  I haven't cycled in awhile. It's a great stress reliever.  I miss it.
4.  I was not happy when relating with someone last week.  It prompted my post about us learning from our head and not truly growing characterologically.

How About You? 
What were your highs and lows for last week.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels