Wednesday, May 7

Dodging A Mack Truck ............ 5/7/14

    How are you?  I'm beat and I am getting up early tomorrow.  So, I am keeping this brief.  I had two humdingers of a conversation today.

My Gratitudes: 
1.  I'm glad for clarity regarding my values and boundaries.  I'm encountering someone who is controlling, who thinks he is subtle about it.  His efforts are as unnoticeable as a Mack truck.  I don't like manipulation.  Intimacy cannot thrive when people are inauthentically relating.

        Few things turn me off more than someone eliminating my choices, trying to arrange outcomes according to their wishes.  I'm thankful "no" is a complete sentence.  I glad I can refuse the expectations of others without giving an explanation, or feeling the need to.  I'm glad for freedom from passivity.

2.  I received a client approval letter today.  It is gratifying knowing someone I serve appreciates what I do, making the effort to let me know.

3.  I wrote two letters today.  Both were fun, meeting my need for companionship, to self-express, and slow down.

4.  I had tremendous times at work.  One client broke down, crying because of the material covered.  Tears of healing, they were. He is learning about being present, transparent, when with others.

How About You? 
What are your gratitudes?  All I ask for is three.

      That's it for tonight. I'm exhausted.  I'll see you tomorrow. I'm thinking of publishing here, what I've been covering with clients.  What say you? 

4 comments:

Superman said...

Thank you, Pablo, for your post, and the energy you have put into your new material. It is greatly appreciated. Being present with the discomfort, to experience with the senses without judgement, and to be able to recognize what my default mode is saying to myself, I have a new understanding of self respect, and how this has an impact on relationships.
It's a beautiful healing feeling when I trust the process and become curious about the outcome, instead of spending so much energy protecting myself.
Self-regard, admitting my feelings regardless of how weak are strong they may be, and to see that it's ok to feel how I feel was a huge breakthrough. Thank you!

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

On this Thursday night, I am grateful for;

1. Taking time to re-evaluate my options and choices as I travel life's path of healing; of awareness, acceptance and action.

2. The slogan, "Take what you like, and leave the rest." This is at once reassuring and empowering, giving me the freedom to pick and choose.

3. Giving myself permission to challenge new ideas, to make decisions for myself, and even to change my mind.

4. Being able to benefit from the experience, strength and hope of others, while still following my own heart.

Pablo said...

Dear Superman,

I appreciate you dropping by, with your busy schedule, and all. I like your insights, too. Yes, this post is about greater self-respect.

It requires self-confidence, going with the flow, being comfortable in our own skin, knowing, that regardless of the outcome, we are going to be okay.

I am happy to help someone, who himself, helps many. You do. (I know your secret identity. :-> )

I appreciate your visits. I will do a better job replying, from here on. I've been overwhelmed with moving, and working long hours, with the last bits of my energy used to write the posts you see here.

Thank you for your visits and your comments. They mean a lot.

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

Thank you for your many visits here, and your gratitudes. I wish you the best with your decisions.

A grateful innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels