Saturday, May 19

The Innkeeper's Vision and Challenge

Material things may temporarily satisfy the body, but they can never satisfy the spirit of man,
 which cries out to God for the joy, happiness and eternal fulfilment that only He can give.
 

Image: "Riverside: Graceful Willows" by Tim Blessed. All rights
 reserved. Used by his kind permission. Copyrighted material.
     Good late evening everyone,

I've been a busy man, but a happy one, too. Thanks so much for dropping by this inn of gratitude.  Most of you know I write with regularity. I missed a post on Wednesday and now, Friday, too.

*******************************

     I may not have posted here, but I snuck into this place, replying to comments written by guests, over the past few days. I value your visits and make every effort in acknowledging them, as soon as I can.
The Innkeeper's Vision
     One thing I'd love see happen in the Attitude of Gratitude Inn, is having in-depth conversations in the comments section. I encourage your input regarding the subjects raised here.  I truly believe we learn from one another. My perspective is limited. Growth will happen for me, as I learn and hear from you.

     So, please be aware, not only do I answer ALL comments, but I usually ask follow up questions regarding what you've written. Or I'll go further into the subject, sharing additional thoughts.

   I truly enjoy knowing you better. That happens when we have conversations. That transpires when you comment. I also know I can learn much from each of you who frequent this place. Yep, you.
The Innkeeper's Challenge
    So, who'll engage me in a conversation? Are you on for it? The innkeeper loves going one-on-one with you. Each of you have unique personalities. Each of you are a beautiful person. I mean it. This isn't fluff. I think you know me better than that.

      Who will get the ball rolling?

    Someone has said (I know who, but I'll leave it at that) that when we connect with another, a new universe is created that never existed until that relationship was started. I agree.

4 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

For some reason I cannot figure out how to get follow up comment notifications emailed to me after I comment on someone's blog. I actually like the idea of a comment thread as well. I'll have to look into why I am not recieving these.

Pablo said...

Hi Keith,

I liked your post about waterfalls at your place. I love them.

Here, with blogger created blogs, a person can subscribe---there's the link right under the Newer Post, Home, Older Post bar.

I really appreciate your regular visits to this inn. Have you thought of taking up bike riding? It will be an easy fit for you, a runner.

Just asking, :)

The Innkeeper

Syd said...

I seldom go back and check the comments after reading a post. With over 135 posts every day on blogs that I read, I simply can't keep up.
I appreciate your efforts here, Pablo.

Pablo said...

Syd,

I understand: you are a busy reader. Thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your contributions at the inn.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels