Friday, May 25

Time With Family ...............................5/25/12

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. (Mahatma Gandhi)
         Good morning,

I just got in. I spent the evening with my oldest son. We miniature golfed, followed by
dinner and ice cream. We spent four hours together, closing out the restaurant.  The servers were kind enough to leave us alone. 

        I'm gathering with friends Saturday. Before that, I'll speak at a morning event in the city of San Leandro, before a large crowd.  The subject is gratitude.  I'll be video taped. 

         Life is good. I have plenty to be thankful for. 
My Gratitudes for Thursday:
1. It was nice relaxing with my first-born son. We shot the breeze while taking shots with our golf balls. Our score was close we differed by one stroke. In the last two holes I made two holes-in-one.  As a result, I got a pass for a free game. Wow. 

2. Listening to my son speak at length about the new work he's doing, now that he's finished college, made me proud of his efforts. He's making a tremendous impact there. It was energizing hearing about his resourcefulness, ambition, discipline and the skills he exercising when relating with co-workers and subordinates. We ended our time with prayer, always a special time when we do that. 

3.  I visited with my youngest son, Josiah, afterwards. I was happy hearing about his success in at work, too.  He helps the needy.  It was heartening hearing his enthusiasm, learning about his effectiveness and his sensitivity towards others. 

      We finished our conversation with an in-depth time of prayer. We arranged to ride bikes this Saturday. That will be fun.  I liked asking his opinion regarding a matter. I told him I valued his wisdom and perspective. His response made me proud of the fine, caring young man he is. 

4.  My middle son and I connected, this evening, too. I guess tonight was family night. He was the last to let me know that he'll join us Saturday.  It was nice hearing his pleasant and friendly voice.  I love it, when we all can gather together and have fun. 
5. A pleasant surprise wrapped up my night. I heard from someone I really like and have not seen in months. I lost his phone number when I destroyed my phone a month ago, spilling milk on it. I was happy getting a text from him.  I replied and we're back in touch. I love reconnecting with dear friends.
How About You? 
1. What warms you heart, when you spend time with family?  

2 comments:

Vanessa Higgins said...

My parents and I have coffee together every thursday night. No matter what topics I bring up, they love and acept me fully, never judging. What a great feeling.

My challenge right now is to push through my day with minimal panic and be greateful for the tiny things I accomplish. Life is trying to teach me a lesson and I really want to pass.

Pablo said...

Vanessa,

As you know, I made my reply a blog post: Antidotes to Panic.

Thank you, for bringing up this subject.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels