Tuesday, May 15

Getting Things Done, Feeling Good About It, Seeing Results .............................5/15/12

"People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they
 don't know when to quit.  Most men succeed because they are determined to."
George E. Allen
    How are you?

My Gratitudes for Tuesday:
1. I completed a major project today. I'm thankful for
effectiveness, discipline and sticking to priorities.
2.  I enjoyed my day at work. I love it when I help others overcome painful moments from their past. When clients begin to celebrate their lives more, I'm happy for them; life was meant to be enjoyed, celebrated.
3. I took care of myself. I rested tonight. Tomorrow, I plan on going on my longest bike ride, ever. We'll see.
4. I'm working on a talk I'll give May 26th.  Public speaking reminds me of my days as a wrestler, when I attended school. I look forward to it. Can't wait.
5. My baseball team, the San Francisco Giants, has been winning, just not tonight. I appreciate the pace of the game. It slows my life down, when I take in a game.
6. I'm thrilled that I've learned how to discharge from my body and soul the negative energy I received when I was younger.  This is not something I can do using my cognitive mind. It involves my limbic system and reptilian mind. I get in touch with my felt sense and release feelings that would create toxicity, if I allowed them to remain.
7. The weather today was absolutely beautiful. I'm hoping tomorrow will be the same when I go for a long ride on my bike. I'm glad that I'm taking care of my body and soul by exercising.
8. Today, I made four business calls with excellent results. It was stressful. I'm glad that I overcame my resistance. As a result I'll be meeting with two businesses, seeing how I may be able to work for them.  I'm grateful for persistence, patience and overcoming fear.
9. Today, I wrote to a friend. I enjoyed making time to connect with someone dear to me.
How About You?
1. What is an area where you've needed to exercise discipline?
2. How have you been taking care of yourself?
3. What are ways that you discharge the stress you find in your body?
4. When was the last time you overcame fear? What was the outcome? 

8 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I think the area in which I need the most exercise discipline would be making sure that I exercise 5-6 days per week. I usually do great through the week but on the weekends I tend to slack and also to eat badly. I need to work on that :-)

Vanessa Higgins said...

My master's thesis has taken so much dicipline and it is coming along very nicely - full of gratitude for that.

I have been struggling with internal stress in these past couple weeks. It feels toxic and scary and I often feel trapped. Last night I danced it out with some beautiful women who are just as interested in healing as I am - it was wonderful.

What kind of talks do you do? That is my dream - to heal and inspire others. You're an amazing person.

Pablo said...

Keith,

Good morning! Keeping a routine can be a challenge. At least are aware of the problem. We can't change anything until we see it first.

Thank you for keeping me company over here, in the inn.

I like your honesty. I'm here, rooting for you, as you tackle discipline in this area of working out.

By the way, most people have the opposite problem: they are Weekend Warriors: the only time they exercise in on the weekends. I'd rather have your situation.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Pablo said...

Vanessa, good to see you.

What is the focus of your thesis?

In your last few comments I've noticed clues regarding you being stressed. Let me know if I can help. You can also send me an e-mail, if you'd want.

I like your idea! Dancing is a fantastic way of discharging energy. What type of dancing did you do?

**********************

On the 26th, I will talk on Gratitude. I was asked to speak on this subject. They've read what I've written here. I'll talk before 70 or more people.

Usually, I speak on Life Management Skills. You know, dealing with things like overcoming anger, depression, fear, boundaries, stress---a lot of the stuff I share here.

I also coach singles on dating. Yes, dating. :)

Thank you for your positivity. The innkeeper appreciates encouragement. It's nice receiving kind thoughts from others. I give so much, it's great getting, too.

Vanessa Higgins said...

My thesis is on landscape types and water consumption. It's been a great, eyeopening journey.

The stress I feel is very deep rooted and takes charge of most of my days. I have many doctors trying to guide me through. Living in the blog world has helped build my confidence so much and gives me perspective on what really matters.

I feel like I can heal people here. And heal myself.

I do ZUMBA! latin dancing and Kundalini yoga - dancing into the 7 chakras, it's extremely cathartic. I miss biking though. Maybe I will get more into that.

Your job sounds AMAZING! One day I would love to job shadow you haha. An email conversation would be brilliant if you don't mind letting me further in your world :)

Enjoy a wonderful day.

aileen said...

On the 4 questions:

1. a flashpoint raging anger.
2. learning to be more conscious about checking in w/myself when I feels some kind of disturbance/imbalance.
3. Yoga, jacuzzi, long hot soak, sauna; a good read; a walk along the water or in the park or the hills (I LOVE CALIFORNIA!!!) to drink in the wonder of the Creator; meditation; sleep; calling a trusted friend; praying; a good movie; the arts, visual and performing...
4. as i've pretty much lived a fear based life, the first thing is to get out of bed and press forward - sometimes i actually experience joy, fleating and short-lived for the most part and I'm working on that more consciously and intentionally over the last 2 years.

My 3 grats for 2day:

the new and most extraordinary healing connections made during my participation in a training yesterday that has shifted my solidly forward into LIFE

an unexpected and for me graciously received gift that I know was presented out of and in the name of love and healing

beginning to understand that I do in fact has talents beyond typing on a keyboard to express what the Creator has put inside me to do a specific kind of transformative work.

I am most especially grateful for seeing myself, this life, others, with new eyes.

Life is, I am discovering, an AMAZING journey...

Pablo said...

Vanessa,

I'd love visiting with you, in depth. Yes, take out your bike, wipe off the cobwebs and enjoy spending time on the road.

If you are ever in the Bay Area, I'd welcome you dropping by.

You'll have an e-mail by the time you read this.

Pablo said...

Aileen,

I appreciate your honesty. Those are excellent ways of decompressing.

Stay in community with healthy others. When we experience love and support, it empowers us to go beyond our fears. We weren't meant to live in isolation.

I'm happy to hear that you did something good for you, the training you got.

Isn't life wonderful when we get kisses from God? That is what it was, when you received that gift. I bet you were on cloud nine afterward! See, your Higher Power is looking after you.

Look at you, it sounds like you have been experiencing a spiritual awakening! When that happens, we begin to see beyond what the eye can perceive, it brings us to another dimension of living.

Yes, life is a fantastic journey. It is enriched even more when we live it in the company of loving, emotionally healthy others.

Wishing you the best,

The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels