Thursday, May 10

Crown Beach. Where I stood, as the moon beam reached out to me. 
     How you be?

The other day I rode along the south shore of Alameda on my bicycle when I scooted up a narrow rocky peninsula, maybe 60 feet across. It protruded
into the San Francisco Bay maybe 400 yards. At its tip stood two geese near the water's edge.  

      They eyed me, calmly standing ten feet from me, alert to my movements. Between them lay two little yellow tennis balls.  A curious feature of the balls was that they more furry than normal. They each had two tiny orange feet attached them. 

      Yep, little goslings. 

      I'm glad that I wasn't so intent on the pace of my ride that I missed the family moment between Mr. and Mrs. Goose and their newly created brood.  I let them be and rolled on eastward, towards Crown Beach. 

      I'm thankful for moments of stillness before nature. On that evening, I stopped my ride at the shoreline. I stood transfixed before the shimmering bay.  

      A beam of moonlight stretched across the bay, reaching out to me.  My body sighed as I the took in the embryonic sound of water lapping at my feet.  Being still, I felt God's presence. He used the night's breeze to whisper to me sweet nothings. 

     Turning over my cares to the God of my understanding, a loving, non-judgmental supreme being, frees me from preoccupation. I can enjoy NOW, this present moment. My mind is not polluted with anxieties about tomorrow nor consumed with regret or bitterness about the past. 
My Gratitudes:
1. The past few days I've been listening to music that was popular when I was in high school and college. The tunes arouse pleasant smiles, reminding me of many happy memories.
2. This evening, I had an intense time with someone I mentor. My mind usually races in 5th gear. Tonight was no exception. I like having my mind stimulated.
3.  I'm thankful for speaking up when something troubles me. I'm courteous when I do, but I also stand for my values without compromising them.
4. My younger son called me the other day. I'm happy he made the effort to contact dear old dad.
5. Tomorrow, I look forward to using the gym I have at home.  Afterwards, I'll ride along the shore, using my bike.
6. I love living one mile from the beach.
7. I'm thankful for getting to know several of you through the comments you post. Keep in mind that I reply to each comment. I look forward to the day when we will share ongoing dialog through the comments section of this inn.
So, How About You? 
  When did you experience a connection God this week?  How did He get your attention?

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Sounds like that would have been an amazing moment - happening upon a little family of geese. I have often found that wildlife, and animals in general, can create a very calming effect within us. It's one of the reasons that many psychologists swear by pet therapy for patients with low serotonin levels.

Pablo said...

Keith,

Many times it's the small moments that stop us in our tracks. Simple pleasures often help us slow down and take in the beauty life offers.

Thank you for supporting this inn with your presence. :)

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels