Sunday, September 23

A Grateful Innkeeper

Gratitudes for Sunday:
1. Today, I met with friends.  I'm thankful for
the community I have.
2. I had a delightful conversation with another friend, Eric. We spent three hours together. It was a bit of heaven on earth.
3. The weather was amazing.
4. I rode my bicycle twenty-two miles along the San Francisco Bay. I had the entire shoreline to myself.
5. I didn't sleep well but I still rode my bike---I invested in my health. I celebrate perseverance.
6. I have a new riding buddy cycling with me this Thursday, the same woman who rode with me a week ago, last Saturday.
7. I'm attending workshops tomorrow that will help me grow my business.  I'm happy that I'm putting one foot in front of the other.
8. I had an in-depth conversation with my oldest son.  I was happy to hear his report about his new job as a marketing director for a start up company. The stock options they are offering him are wonderful.
9. I think I'll sleep well tonight. I sure hope so.
10.  I had time to study this afternoon.
11. My baseball team won the division championship.
12. I'm moving on with my life. I'm letting go of disappointments I've encountered this summer.
How About You?
What are your gratitudes? I'd love hearing them.

4 comments:

Vanessa Higgins said...

Strangely I am grateful for the loss of a friendship tonight. This person misunderstood a funny comic I sent and demanded some of their gifts back - very strange - and I realized that this same person was really using our friendship to push some religious ideals onto me. I can journey on my own through religious offerings thank you very much. I sent the gifts back and decided to spend more time writing to my existing, amazing friends.

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

Tonight, I am grateful for;

1. A nap after a long day of work.

2. A bowl of homemade lentil soup/stew with chicken, and a slice of authentic, local, Northern California Sourdough toast, with real butter. (Folks, please don't be afraid of real butter...its better for you than plastic margarine, and tastes better too - let's support our hard working dairy farmers!)

3. A simple but very important to him, insurance solution for our formerly "drama-king," but now much more reflective and thoughtful, third oldest son

4. That I could chase a big, fat raccoon out of our garage when caught chewing through and dining our our big bag of cat food! Had to cover the food and make sure the door is closed so she/he does not bring his family and friends back for more!

5. That as I work on my own sanity, serenity and healing, my wife and sons seem to be following suit, of course, in their own way and time.

Please reference a wonderful quote from Marianne Williamson that begins; "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure..." I believe it will move you, and speak to you, each one, in its own unique way.

I'll send it in my next post, for those who may not be able to find it.

Pablo said...

Vanessa,

It's great seeing you back! Thank you for your comments.

I'm sorry to hear about your former friend's reaction to your attempt at humor.

Good for you. I like your response. We get what we tolerate. You deserve better than to be treated that way.

The friends God gives to us have our back and accept us unconditionally.

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

Thank you for your gratitudes. Your life demonstrates a truth mentioned in the book, Courage to Change. "As one member takes healthy steps, the whole family is bound to improve." (Page 312.)

I appreciate the quote you cite, too. It helps us remembering that we can't do anything apart from our Higher Power, God as we know Him.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels