Wednesday, September 26

Speaking The Truth Gently, Overcoming The Weak Areas of My Personality .................................9/26/12


    How are you,

I've been busy.  You've gathered that, I bet. My posts have been brief.  Rising early---at 5:00 a.m, most mornings, attending workshops and aggressively
developing my business has been my lot, and am I glad.

    I've been blessed with many---more than ten---amazing experiences this week.  Right now, I'm unable to record all that's happened.  Connecting with others, at a deep level, is a terrific and humbling experience.

    I'm gearing up for cycling and dining with someone I mentor, followed by gathering with friends tonight.  I'm a bit apprehensive, as someone has been holding my friends hostage with her continual complaints.  I plan on taking action if it happens tonight.

    I'd appreciate your prayers. Yes, yours. If you have never piped up and shared your gratitudes may I ask you to try today? It contributes towards the community we enjoy here.
Gratitudes for This Lovely Wednesday: 
1. I look forward to an opportunity to stand in my power, recovery and integrity. (See the second half of this post.). (See this post or the section, "Time With A Supportive Friend" for more details.)
2. I had a terrific session with a client yesterday.  I was thrilled seeing him take action to counteract his depression. After our visit, He realized he wants to express his strong feelings---kindly, with courtesy, towards his parents. Good for him.  Expressing our voice always makes us feel better, especially when we use nonviolent communication.
3.  Stuart, a friend of more than twenty years helped me yesterday, in several  practical ways. I'm thankful for moments like these. I'm reminded I'm loved.
4. Yesterday, I was in a bind. A local business made allowances for me as I was in a rush, late for an appointment. They stored a forty-two pound bag for me, so that I could speed away on my bike and get to the meeting on time.  I appreciate that they flexed their policies, it made my afternoon.
5. I helped a woman from China, yesterday, making her life easier.  Using people skills, she and I navigated bureaucracy, getting her problem resolved.  Her smile after we were finished was worth the effort.
6. I met a woman at the workshops I'm attending this week.  We're having terrific conversations.  I like connecting with others. I'm astonished at the kindness I'm receiving from many who are taking these seminars, too.
7. I had a difficult conversation with someone I'm doing business with.  I happy seeing us discuss unpleasant details in a caring manner.  I'm mindful of the following:
Like calls to like.
We are met by the traits we show.
Where love will find a friend
Hate will find a foe.
       I see the healing I'm experiencing from a rough childhood. As a boy, I wasn't allowed to express my feelings---you know, children were to be seen and not heard. My perspective was invalidated simply because I was a child, even though I was reading Dante in Latin at the age of ten and studying Plato and Aristotle.
       Applying principles above my personality help me not react, when stressed or irritated. Instead, I stay present.  I'm able to say what I mean, mean what I say with out without saying it meanly. (Courage to Change, p. 207)  I speak my truth, with a politeness strengthened by boundaries and character discernment.

       I need to go. Again, I'd appreciate your prayers. I'm tired and this is the start of my day. But, I wanted  to say hi to the many guests to this inn who drop by.

       Hi.

2 comments:

Syd said...

Sorry to not have been by in a long while. Glad to read that you are doing well. And that you have much to be grateful for.

Pablo said...

Syd,

Welcome back! Great to see and hear from you. Thanks for your comments. I'd love hearing your gratitudes, if you have the time to share them.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend,

The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels