Thursday, September 13


        Good morning everyone,

How are you?  I'm glad to return to the Attitude of Gratitude Inn.  This day was challenging, fun, demanding, exciting and fulfilling.

       I'm changing my work routine.  It's been years since
I've done what has occupied the last two days.

       I'm tired.  New duties increases my vigilance, which is emotionally draining.  The good thing is that this bump of change in work is contributing to increased abundance.  I'm happy about that. 

       Working with a colleague is new for me, requiring patience.  I'm getting acquainted with my colleague's quirks while we focus on common goals. Rearranging the scope of my work is enervating.  Right now, I'm being careful, seeing that I take care of my needs.  My work today was demanding.

       After work, I prepared for a talk I gave last night, followed by dinner with a mentee.  When we finished, we burned off our meal by cycling eight miles in the Island City.
My Gratitudes: 
1. I'm thankful for mental flexibility and patience.  Change at work causes me to practice these qualities.  It is preventing me from getting characterologically stale.
2. Stress and pent-up energy was released while I cycled with my mentee in Alameda.  I love where I live and am grateful for the restful sleep I get after exercising.
3. I arranged a date with someone new for this Saturday.  Yep, you guessed it.  We'll ride bikes.
4. I spoke Wednesday.
     Surprisingly, there was point when I got choked up.  My topic: feelings. There are usually three talks I give when I do public speaking. There's the speech I prepare, the one I give and the one  I wish I gave.
     I was happy with how it turned out.  Afterwards, with four others who attended, we dropped by a local restaurant to unwind.
How About You? 
What changes are you experiencing in your life?  How do you feel about them?

2 comments:

Carl H said...

Hello Pablo,

I'm learning to Let Go of assumptions and worry around an adult son's issues, and stop trying to rescue him, or "do for him what he needs to do for himself." This feels really good, and is a huge change from 6 months ago. "It's not my responsibility..."

I'm learning to let NO be a complete sentence; to protect my own self-care priorities with healthy boundaries, especially relative to immediate family. This too is very rewarding...progress not perfection!

I'm finding my own voice in calling a sibling on his self-serving assumptions and boundary invasion. He was able to admit he was wrong; huge and good for him. This too felt fine indeed!

My Gratitudes for Wednesday: (Sorry but Carlos is a day late and a peso light...)

1. That I had the wisdom to chose a small salad instead of ice cream and pie for a late night, 10PM snack.

2. That this week I could visit pristine and busy Michelin three-star kitchens; among the top 20 worldwide, in the Napa Valley Wine Country, (virtual sacred spaces for chefs at that level)and feel at home.

3. That my wife could travel abroad, representing our family, together with thousands of fellow pilgrims, to attend the ascension ceremony of our spiritual teacher.

4. That our youngest son, the fashion designer and cottage-industry tailor has designed and is making beautiful, hand-crafted, white neckties for family and friends to wear at the simultaneous webcast of this same event here tomorrow evening.

5. That good fortune, prosperity and abundance are once again slowly re-emerging in the life our dear Innkeeper!

6. That tomorrow is the last, and relatively short workday of this long, busy and exhausting week; followed by two glorious sleep-in, days off!

Pablo said...

Hello Carlos,

It's always good hearing your gratitudes. I'm glad my post "It's Never My Responsibility To..." has been helpful.

What type of relief are you finding, now that you are exercising more self-care?

I bet you feel better and enjoying more respect, now that you are expressing your voice, as In the case with your brother.

Thank you, for your good wishes, Carl. Encouragement is always welcome.

I hope you enjoyed plenty of beauty sleep since you wrote your comments. :)

The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels