Thursday, September 6

Exercising Faith and Taking Action: I Hope to See More Pleasant Scenery 9/6/12

Image: "Autumn Pond"by Tim Blessed. Copyrighted photograph
    Welcome to our guests from Russia, the U.S., China, the Ukraine, Poland and Indonesia.  Thanks for returning every day. My Russian guests outnumber all others. I don't know how you
found me, but it's great having you here!
 
     I'm under tremendous pressure, if you only knew. I'd value your prayers. Yes, yours.
My Gratitudes for Today, So Far
1. I'm experiencing an outpouring of support. It looks like I'll have a business meeting about my finances tomorrow.  It will help me, much.
2. I have friends writing, calling and encouraging me. They are aware of my challenges and their love for me is greatly appreciated.
3. I'm putting one foot in front of the other, while wading through a torrential river of challenges. If I keep on doing this, the scenery will change.
4. I'm thankful for nonviolent communication. For more about this subject, check out these postings about it.
5. I've ridden 130 miles the past four days, that's 209 kilometers for you who don't live in the U.S.  This has been good for me. I certainly need to rid myself from the stress I've been under.
How About You? 
1. I've shared my gratitudes; would it be possible for you to share yours? I'd love hearing them.
2. What has been your high point for today?
For me, it's been receiving love from unexpected sources. It's all good.  :)
3. I'm glad that I'm taking action regarding the challenges I'm processing. It releases the stress----but I'm not out of the waters yet.

4 comments:

Carl H said...

Dear Pablo,

You have our prayers and support. As the Chinese Philosopher Lao tzu said, "A journey of a thousand miles begins beneath ones feet." So it sounds like you have the perfect attitude to face your challenges head-on, and are on the right path!

My Gratitudes for today are;

(I'm reminded in my #1 of your blog post on the virtues of being un-tethered to technology!"

1. That I could LET GO of a situation beyond my control that forced me to go forth in faith that all would be fine in the end. To LET GO of a dead cell phone battery causing me to lose contact with family, friends and work colleagues via phone, text and email for 2.5 hours while stuck in a Napa to San Leandro traffic jam, and beyond, for the rest of the evening, until I walked in my front door after 9:30 PM. And indeed, all was fine in the end.

2. That this reminds me of a beautiful quote from a beautiful, must-see film; "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." And the quote is..."Everything will be all right in the end...and if it's not all right, then it's not the end."

3. That I could make it to an intimate gathering of friends who meet weekly to share our daily experiences of healing, the strength we gain from this process, and the hope we have in the exponential growth of these phenomena, as the mysteries of life reveal themselves, one day at a time.

4. That our #4 son could finally move most of his bedroom/office things out of his mother's soon to be new studio/office, so she can have her own quiet, sacred space for her art, landscape architecture, and simply to pray and meditate in peace.

5. Grateful there was one small sample piece of Hickory Smoked Hamachi left in my ice chest at the end of the day to share with family.

Vanessa Higgins said...

I am here for you Pablo. Just email me if you want to talk ok?

My gratitudes are meeting with a naturopath who speaks my language and understands my root issues and wants to help me.

Having family that is always by my side and on my side for anything I am ever going through.

For choosing love over being in a marriage where my light was dimmed.

Hych'ka….thank you

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

Thank you for your encouragement!
How was it, being untethered?

That's a great quote from that movie. It offers an optimistic perspective. I think it would qualify as a terrific slogan.

It means a lot, your consistent sharing of gratitudes. How is this exercise working for you?

Pablo said...

Vanessa,

Thank you, for dropping bye, I've missed you.

How is it working for you, your time with your naturopath? I bet it feels good, the support and comfort you get from your family.

Hope to see you again soon!

The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels