Wednesday, September 26

A Happy But Tired Innkeeper .................................9/26/12


      Good evening everyone,

I had the most amazing day.  Let me get to the good part, first. I had a fantastic date with a kind, intelligent, woman who has a fantastic smile.  And she was
pretty, too.  Can't beat that.  Wow.

      Our time also met her needs. We just finished visiting.  The time flew---it's fun having a caring, effortless, positive, supportive conversation.

      She impressed me: she had a small notebook, taking notes as we conversed.  She even teaches, something else we had in common!  The evening was absolutely great.  We even prayed at the end of our time. We shall ride bikes, soon.

       I love the reciprocity in our friendship.  I appreciated her sensitivity to my needs and her insights when I spoke about disappointments I've faced this summer. Often, I give, without others caring about my concerns.

      Tomorrow, I'll have lunch with someone after concluding the series of workshops I've attended this week; she's someone I met there.  This will be followed in the evening with time spent with another woman.  I'm getting a little busy, socializing.

       Today, two people asked for my services.  I visited with my oldest and youngest sons. I'm thankful for the relationship we share. It's nice speaking to my oldest son as I do with my best of all friends---Alan, whom I've known since I was twelve.

        Pablo Jr. grasps what I say and runs with my ideas before I'm done expressing them.  Our ongoingly growing friendship is such a joy; I appreciate his practical and wise insights.  I'm happy his life is improving with each month---and it was good to begin with.

        This Monday, he will be hired as the director of marketing, the first employee of a start-up company that is thriving. The owners have twenty others working for them as independent contractors. They found his qualities so desirable that they are paying all his benefits, taxes, etc.  He interned with them this summer after graduating from college this June.  Can you tell I'm proud of him?
*******************
       Today, I attended a workshop, studied, rode my bike 28 miles, sixteen miles with someone I mentor.  I delighted in the loving dialog we had while rolling through an urban forest that runs alongside a series of lagoons and we cycled along the coast.  Later we dined, while reviewing a key source for his sanity and growth---his connection with God.

       I've been up since four this morning and am heading for bed.  I have to rise early tomorrow.
I'll check in with you later.

      Enjoy your Thursday, I  know I will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pavlos,
My friend i really enjoyed your post! Meeting someone new so interesting is always something to be grateful about! I'd like to learn more about your workshops! They seem quite interesting! I was surprised by the relationship you share with your sons. It was great reading about it. Congratulations to your son! Impressed! I can see why you're proud!
Best wishes! Keep riding you bike!

Pablo said...

Nalia,

Ο φίλος μου, thank you for your encouragement. I'm happy to have you as a guest of my inn. Do you like the bust of Dionysus, placed in your room? I sensitive to your love of theatre.

When my sons each turned sixteen, I told them they were no longer my Παιδιά
(children), but my γιους (sons). In Classical Greek these words convey such a deep meaning.

As such I also told them they were now my equals, anything we would do we would do by consensus, that I valued their opinions.

I also mentioned that it would be my joy if they would consider me as their friend, but that choice was theirs.

Yes, I'm proud of my oldest son, as I am of my other two sons. I'm very fortunate having these loving, intelligent, spiritual young men in my life. The fact that they are my sons makes it even more amazing.

Their character is proof that God did for them far better than anything I could have done, by myself.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels