Thursday, September 27

A Busy, Inspiring Week, Detaching With Love From An Unsatisfying Relationship. Also, the Importance of Bonding With Loving Friends .....................................................9/27/12

“Only the development of compassion and understanding
 for others can bring us the tranquility and happiness we all seek.” 

― Dalai Lama XIV
A Busy But Good Week
       I'm tired.  I've awaken from a well-deserved nap, my eyes sore, weary from opening at 4:00 or 5:30 a.m., every day this week, after retiring after midnight, every night.  Man, this week could end today and I'd
have enough to fill up the next two.

        It has all been good.  (How are ye?)  Another amazing day today, one that moved me to tears, wonder, joy, deep satisfaction and rich fellowship, all of which made for a sleepy innkeeper, earlier this evening.  It's when I experience the gamut of emotions that I get exhausted.

        Rarely am I ever physically tired, life invigorates me so.

        Many competing demands call upon my resources, all screaming for attention.  But, they are wonderful sources for writing material.  I'm thrilled to be me.  Am I lucky.  

        Yet, a thick, grey, cold, blanket---a cloud of disappointment---had hovered over the innkeeper.  It's ominous presence greeted the beginning of each day the past two weeks.  I'm recovering from an unsatisfying relationship.  It's funny, I've had fantastic times during this interval.  However, one connection continued to wound.  It threatened to block out the sunshine of contented days, if I were not careful---if I neglect healthy principles I have lived by for nearly nine years.
Time With A Supportive Friend
        This is where bonding with caring friends pays off handsomely.   Last night, was wonderful.  My need for connection, being heard, to know and be known were met.  I bounced my ruminations, playing verbal two-square with someone else.  She listened.  Her caring insights salved the frayed edges of my feelings. 

       The workshops attended this week were magical.  I never anticipated the relationships I'd develop.  Parting for the last time, many lingered for a half-hour, trading contact information, expressing appreciation for each other.  The facilitator said, as I parted, I hope you don't mind, but, "I love you."  Wow.  That's never happened before. I mean, that coming from the facilitator, someone I didn't know four days ago??!?

        Afterwards, I had lunch with J_______, whom I met during the workshops. She's left-handed, as am I.  The hour and a half sped by as fifteen minutes.  She interested in dropping by Alameda and riding bikes with the innkeeper.  It's a fantastic town for doing that.  I continue being a Pied Piper for cycling.
Gratitudes for Thursday:
1. I'll sleep in, after posting this.  I'm thankful for rest, balance and maintaining my health.
2. Sharing lunch with someone new today was fun. I like adventures, especially pleasant ones.  I appreciate the aliveness involved in exploring a new relationship.
3. I'm loved, I feel it.  I am cared for, by many, at the cellular level.  I was embraced in so many ways this week, affirmed, encouraged, valued.  Such experiences help me overcome life's disappointments and move beyond them.  Ya ay!
4. I'm thankful for each of you who drop by.  I especially appreciate all who sign the registry to this inn by posting their comments and gratitudes. You contribute to the fellowship we share here. Kudos to you, Carl, Morgan, Nalia and Syd for sharing what makes your heart sing.
Transcending Difficult Circumstances
       A phenomenal, inspirational speaker closed out the series of workshops I attended this week.  She was amazing.  I entered the numbers to my cycling log when she first started speaking.  Her story got my attention, I put my pen down.

       Soon enough, my mouth was agape, as I listened to her experience, strength and hope---her survival, and thriving after having two life threatening aneurysms.  I was stunned and motivated hearing how she developed a highly profitable business and wrote a current, best-selling book after enduring this ordeal.
5.  I'm glad I attended the workshops I did this week.  I awakened parts of me that had been slumbering and content with the status quo.
6.  A dear friend---Lisa, and I visited today. It's refreshing hearing her intelligent insights.  Her response as I recounted what I've gone through---the cloudy, disappointing relationship---was priceless and uplifting.  I appreciated her attention, the intimacy shared, her personal warmth and support. She was terrific.  Our interaction makes me so glad that I don't live in the quiet but darkening despair of isolation.
7.  I'm happy for the return to serenity as I let go of an unhealthy relationship. Yes, the relationship that was clouding my days.  Hurray for sanity!!
Slowing Down A Hectic Day
“Quiet is peace. Tranquility. Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. Silence is pushing the off button. Shutting it down. All of it. - Amir”    Khaled HosseiniThe Kite Runner
     During a break in today's workshop, I walked for twenty minute with Jing.  She's from Beijing.  I learned more words in Chinese. We took in a 20 second, mini-vacation when came across an urban waterfall on the lower level of Oakland's City Center.  We closed our eyes and listened, being transported to the soothing sounds of crashing water.
8. I celebrate inspiration, peace, beauty and being present, as life tapped me on the shoulder with a tranquil moment.
How About You? 
What are your gratitudes for today?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pavlos,
My friend, i am really glad everything is going great and you feel lucky to be you! It is one of the best feelings. I actually feel it very often lately and i am so grateful for that. For that and for serendipity. One of my favorites word a new friend told me about. I am grateful for that information and for that new friend too. So many gratitudes! I love the world, i love life and i am grateful for actually everything. There are always some dark corners even in the sunnier days.. i'm sorry to hear about your unsatisfying relationship... People are people and this happens a lot even if we don't wanna see it. Attitude and positive thinking is your best weapon through this. Remember that "If you are brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello".
Best wishes for a great week my friend!

Pablo said...

Nalia,

I'm happy reading your comments. Wow. I love the abundance of joy that flows from your gratitudes. Ya ay!

Thank you for kind and encouraging words. It's nice receiving support from my Balcony People. It's pretty clear that you are one of them.

I wish you the best of success this semester. Thank you for making my day!

παύλος

Anonymous said...

Φίλε μου, I am glad you're enjoying my comments! I'll be sure to check your page through the week and leave comments at the end of it. I have very limited free time this semester! Thank you! You too! Best of luck with everything you do!

Pablo said...

Nalia,

Thank you for dropping by. You make this place better with your visits. How long have you been playing the guitar? I've been playing since I was sixteen. I started out with Classical guitar music.

What did you like best about this week?

Glad to see you here!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels