Saturday, May 12

In Everything Thankful (Not For Everything)


     How was your day?

Today, the weather was beautiful here in the San Francisco Bay Area.  I met with
friends in the morning. We talked about what it means to have a spiritual awakening, a favorite subject of mine.

     A gal I've dated was there. We spoke afterwards. I use the word date when that's not what I really mean.  When I get to know a woman, that's what I do: I get to know them. I want to know their temper, if any, their values and see if they are congruent with mine.  I use my mind instead of letting premature feelings get in the way.

     On this gorgeous day I studied for several hours, something I love doing. The time at the library was a wonderful reprieve from the constant demands that assail me when I camp out at home.  I always feel better when I invest in me.  It allows my mind and spirit to decompress.

     One of the best parts of the day was capped with a bike ride. A friend and I rode along the San Francisco Bay shoreline for fourteen miles.  There was a bit of drama during our rolling on two wheels. She took a tumble. The good thing she spilled onto grass. Shaken up by the rude awakening, she courageously rode for seven more miles. Kudos to her!

     Yep, Saturday was mighty fine. I even did my laundry.  :)
My Gratitudes for Saturday:
1. I was asked to speak at a community event in San Leandro during the Memorial weekend.  I like public speaking. I look forward to the opportunity. They asked me to share on gratitudes. I wonder why. 
2. In the midst of a crazy-busy but good day, I invested in time alone.  Am I glad. my inner self felt fed afterwards.
3. I was sick in the afternoon.  My thanks regarding that?  My illness slowed me down. But it did not stop me from exercising.  Sometimes "He makes me to lay down." When that happens, it forces me to look up. When I do, my attention is once again upon Him. 

    Good night, I'm tired.  I'm heading for bed.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels