Tuesday, May 1

The Innkeeper Values Autonomy, Order, Baseball and Pizza ...........5/1/12

Unconditional gratitude melts away the bars of perceived
 past wrongs, and frees our present to be all it can be.
    How are you?
The weather was terrific. The day was restful, productive and tasty. I look forward to the future.
My Gratitudes for Tuesday: 
1. This evening, I removed
clutter from my home. It's always a good thing to do. It contributes to my sense of ease and my need for order.
2. I listened on the radio while my local baseball team played.  Enjoying the game while straightening the house made the time go by quickly. They lost. Still, it was nice staying in touch with the San Francisco Giants.
3. Recently, I had a discussion with someone that turned out well.  Now, this individual understands my need for autonomy. He had made decisions that affected me, without consulting me.
      That's a form of manipulation. A basic right of an adult is making their own decisions. This person now knows better than to do that.  I'm grateful that I addressed something that had bugged me and it was resolved without any negativity creeping in.
4. I made pizza tonight! Everyone who ate it liked it. How can you not have a good evening if you ate pizza?
5. Tomorrow, I'm going for a long ride on my bike. I look forward to time with nature and an opportunity for solitude.
So, How About You?
1. What are your three gratitudes for today, and how do they meet your needs?

6 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

My three gratitudes for today are:

1. A wonderful and caring mother who I can always talk to.

2. Having a boss at work that gives me almost complete autonomy

3. Positive friends that never let me lose perspective

Vanessa Higgins said...

I am cheating - mine are for yesterday and I already wrote them in my gratitude journal hehe - maybe I will add some new ones.

1. Receiving a special handmade dreamcatcher from a caring friend.

2. Choosing locations to visit in Asia and realizing how blessed I am that I finally get to go.

3. Feeling some panic at wotk and calming myself down enough to get by - I am still healing...

Syd said...

Sounds as if you had a great day. Home made pizza sounds awesome!

Pablo said...

Guys and gal, it's so great seeing you here, at the inn!
************************
Keith,

You must be happy having a phenomenal mother. You are a lucky man. I bet she contributed, big time, to your optimism.

It nice having autonomy. If you read what I post here, it's an important issue for the innkeeper. :)

I hope you consider me as one of your positive friends, because I am.

Thanks for your gratitudes, you know I love it when guests to the inn share theirs.

Pablo said...

Vanessa,

Great to see you, you were missed! :)

Wowie! Now, that IS something, a handmade dream catcher! I'd love to hear more about it. Can you let us know more about this gift, please?

Where are you going, on your trip. I'm happy for you. It must be exciting that you will soon be celebrating life in a different part of the world, seeing new things, too!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation at work. Write me if you want to talk about it. I'm here for you.

The Concerned Innkeeper

Pablo said...

Syd,

I love removing clutter and am a fan of baseball, pizza and order. All of these needs were met last night. I'm a lucky innkeeper.

I'll eat a remaining slice of pizza in your honor. :)

Thanks for your fellowship, I like your comments.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels