Friday, November 11

Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow.

“To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the 
source that stands behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course.Everything originates in a will for
the good, directed towards you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action that allows you to express gratitude.”
     Albert Schweitzer         Image: "Countryside: Autumn Walk" by Tim Blessed. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

    Good late Friday evening to all,

I'm here at the witching hour, when the day will shortly change its name. You might want to revisit my previous post. I've reworked and expanded it. That's what's great about blogs. What's been done can be undone.

     I'm changing my routine. I've made an effort to rest more. Not long ago I'd ask
you to define the word, as I'm usually busy. I wrote something at length and my computer crashed, causing me to lose it. I'll see about rewriting it tomorrow. I'm going to bed.

My Gratitudes for Today:

1. I'm thankful for patience and perspective. It allows me to overcome frustrations.
2. I'm grateful for boundaries. They keep me sane. Without them life is chaotic. Here's one: the word "no' is a complete sentence. Another: everyone is worthy of dignity and respect, that includes ourselves.
3. I love my job.
4. I get engrossed when I read. I like the different worlds that I'm transported to when I read.

       How about you? What are your gratitudes?  I'd love hearing them.

The Innkeeper who lives on the Left Coast of the U.S.

2 comments:

shadow0301 said...

Hi just found your site. I really like it. I live in Tokyo Japan, hope that counts for being out of the USA. Born and raise in in the states. I'm most grateful for life. As of four years ago I wasn't sure if that would be the case. I was killing myself slowly. My words of wisdom this week are. Please don't judge me by my pass. I don't live there anymore. Thanks for your site,I will be back.

Pablo said...

Thanks for dropping by, Shadow.

I enjoy hearing from someone outside of the U.S.A. You are the second person who's written who lives in another country.

I'm happy hearing your life turned around for the better. You have my support.

I like the line,

"Even though we can not make a new beginning, my friend,

We can create a brand-new end." (John Maxwell)

I look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for adding to my day!

The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels