Tuesday, November 1

A Joyful Innkeeper

Be assured that just as an hour is only part of a day, so life on Earth is only part of eternity. (C.L. Allen)
      Hello guests to the Attitude of Gratitude Inn,

How was your day? I had several sessions with clients today, wrote, studied, saw friends, spoke with my sons, rested in the morning
and am posting a wee bit earlier tonight, like yesterday.

     The inn had 10,670 visits in October, 760 dropped by yesterday alone. Both numbers are an all time record.  It may be awhile before we see the likes of a busy month like this, again.

      I'm glad other nations are discovering this inn that keeps a quiet, comforting, positive corner on the hectic cyber highway. I appreciate your visits.

      Welcome to Tunisia and Argentina; thanks for giving this place a look.  It's rewarding seeing this place come alive. The counter at the top of this blog is constantly spinning, letting me know that many enjoy encouragement and hope during these difficult times.

      I do a lot for others. I often ask those who receive from me to show appreciation by doing something minor.  Their action, or lack of it, allows me to see their level of gratitude.  Mutuality is important.  I want others to realize that a satisfying life allows requires reciprocity.

My Gratitudes for Today:
1.  Wednesday, I will speak before an audience.  It allows me to use my gifts.  I'll share the results of research and what I know from my life experiences.  I like being inspired, the new facts I learn while preparing for a talk----it's fun.

2.  Today, 253 people read a favorite post, "The Joy of Simple Pleasures" bumping it up to the most popular post for this week.

     It's about Alexander the Grey(t) and me.  A little guy that I miss.  For the longest time, whenever reading that post, I'd cry.  I value the sweet memories I have of him and the best relationship I ever had with a cat.

     Recollections of his loyal, affectionate nature move me.  They are like a comforting blankie: I'm able to hang on to the special times we shared.

     I'm grateful for the love and communication Alex and I shared. 

3.  I'm thankful for knowing how to lovingly detach from people who are unkind.  I don't allow others to determine my moods or define who I am.  I'm grateful I place principles before personalities. Doing so enables me to have authenticity, integrity, autonomy, and presence when interacting with others.
 Image: "Peak District: Lake View," by Tim Blessed.  All rights reserved. Used by permission.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels