Friday, November 4

Lunch With a Friend and a Satisfying Day

     Good evening everyone,

I just got in.  Thank you for dropping by to keep me company. I'm posting a bit later than normal.
Well, I've made a few improvements, can you tell?. Today, I had lunch with a friend. It was an excellent time. The hour and a half sped by. It was good getting to know this person more completely. The food was good, too.

    Tonight I gathered with a group of buddies. A close friend of mine showed up unexpectedly. That was a nice treat. I've stayed home more, this past month. I'm venturing forth, now that I've gotten my home in better order. I moved in only two months ago.

My Gratitudes for Tonight::

1.  I'm glad that I initiated  the arrangements for the luncheon I had today. I enjoyed the free-flowing conversation and I liked depth, breadth and the sincerity that marked it.
2.  I'm thankful for God's provision. Work has been going well. In this economy, that is not to be taken lightly.
3. I went to the movies. I saw an intelligent movie that did not have violence or graphic sex scenes---it's nice knowing that films like the one I viewed are still being made.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels