Friday, November 11

The Dance Between Grace & Truth..............11/11/11

Each one of us came to earth on a personal mission to be loved or to give love. We are to learn the value and price of love.
Other parts of our mission include learning patience, humility, self-discipline, and other virtues. These attributes are parts
of love. (Betty Eade)        Image: "Autumn Lake" by Tim Blessed. All rights reserved. Copyrighted, used by permission.

       I'll talk about today's topic in a minute. But first,  I'm speechless, a happy innkeeper.  Three comments by guests in less than a week. Gosh. I had to pick myself off the floor today.

       My dear friend Phyllis wrote last Saturday. Today, Paul wrote a comment in the previous post and Lowry did so an hour ago. Thank you, times three. I invest emotional equity, when working as the innkeeper. I'm paid, by the truckload, when I hear from you..

     Silent Readers, those who drop by without posting, may I ask you to express your gratitudes or add to what's written here? Go ahead, give it a try.

      I believe everyone has insight that would contribute to improving this cozy place in cyberspace.  I ask those who hail from beyond the U.S. to reply in your language. We'll be able to translate your posts. Doing so would add to the community we share here. 

        Today,  Lowry wrote a comment for a post written on July 11th. I'll reply here. It's easy to have comments buried within this inn's archives. Somehow, because I cut and pasted Lowry's comment here, the formatting turned his comments into one paragraph. 
He said... 
 
Greetings Innkeeper – 
I really appreciate the pace and caring lexicon used in your blog. It promotes a peaceful and thoughtful atmosphere to contemplate challenges and options to address them .
It always helps to be reminded that we are Children of God - being humble, grateful, loving, yet firm regarding ourselves and our boundaries is so helpful.
I respect and appreciate your discipline to keep the ideas flowing in such graceful and grateful language.
Thank you,
Lowry                    
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           ************************************    
       Lowry,                                                                                                                                                       
 I appreciate your kind words. They make me blush, which is hard for me to do. :->   I'm glad to see you back.                                                                                                                                                                        
       Life is about balance. I prefer mine having a combination of love and truth. Seeing the truth, without love, can easily bring judgment. Honesty alone is often harsh. Knowing love, without it being balanced by truth, often prevents me from taking an accurate look, being discerning and seeing reality with clarity.
      However, together, they perform a fine dance.       I grow when I view reality (truth). I become aware of areas where I want to improve. It's tempered, however, when observed through the gentle lens of grace (love). Enjoying unconditional love from special friends (my Balcony People) and family is transforming.  Their support makes it easier to love myself. The grace I receive from them enables me to be more patient with self, and by extension, others.                                                                                                                                                    
      Thanks for your comments, they mean much to me.         
                                                                
      Wishing you the best and a grateful day.
             

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels