Thursday, November 17

A Special Celebration

   Good evening friends,

This post is four days tardy. I'm celebrating the eight month anniversary of this inn. Yep, this place is but a baby.

      I've been amazed, thrilled, delighted and inspired by what's happened here. Thank you, for dropping by. Thirty-five thousand and one hundred of you have been my honored guests since this wee inn opened on March 13th, this year.

     Sixteen thousand, seven hundred have checked out this place in the last 30 days (Oct 17-Nov 17). That's forty-eight percent of all who've come by.  Thirty seven out of a hundred guests of those who've dropped by have done so in the seventeen days of this month (That's 11,849 for November, so far.). The word is getting out.

   The growth of viewership over the past eight months looks like this:

Click on the graphic to see the complete image.
   The growth in readership has been dramatic and steady. Only half-way through November, we have already passed the numbers for October. It was  the month with the largest readership.

*********************************************

    Please write me if you have a question. If I can help, I will. Your letter can be the basis for a future post. I can't help you with issues related to nuclear physics or brain surgery, other than that, I do what I can.

    Thank you for joining me of the last eight months. I've used this inn to share reflections, gratitudes and my responses as I go through this wonderful journey known as life. I'm heartened witnessing growth in this place.

     Readers from Sweden just joined us this month and have already dropped by over four hundred times. India, my goodness. Guests from this subcontinent have been around for only a month and a half. Their readership has zoomed through the demographic charts of this place.

      India is hard pressing England for third place in readership. Over 1,600 from the land of the Mahabharata have read the gratitudes posted.  Thank you for adding your presence.

     England, thank you for your companionship. I don't know if you've caught my humor, yet. It's British. Thanks for dropping by this place as this Yank tries doing justice to your amazingly articulate language.

     A large portion of the landscape photos posted here are of your lovely country. I'm grateful for your compatriot, Tim Blessed. He's given me special permission to publish his copyrighted material.

     Pakistan and Greece, thanks for dropping by regularly. I'm  happy to have you as a part of the A of G Family. I'm indebted to riches that have unfolded as an ongoing student of Koine and Attic Greek.

     Spain. You surprise me. The past few weeks there have been times when you've exceeded the U.S. readership, including today and yesterday. We need to have a conversation. I need to confess something to readers from this country.

     You astound me. (Is that enigmatic enough?) It appears that my personality oozes from the pores of my writing.  Thank you for being the second largest readership, with over twenty three hundred visits to this place in the last few months. This has been a delightful surprise. I'm grateful for the translation Blogger provides. It must be good. 

    I can't forget those who call the United States their home. I'm grateful for your company. You've been the primary source of my readership to the tune of 16,670 visitors and 260 comments. Some day, as I travel through the U.S., I'd love meeting with you and sharing some coffee. Does that sound like a deal?

     Bangladesh, Egypt, Kenya, Morocco, Nepal, Russia, South Africa and Tunisia, thanks for dropping by in the past month. I hope you find encouragement and inspiration when you rest in this inn.

      I have a standing offer, one way  of offering hospitality. If anyone, from anywhere----other than the Bay Area---- posts a gratitude and is in town, I'll treat you to Fenton's Ice Creamery. Any takers?  Let me know.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels