Monday, November 21

The Innkeeper Experienced Drunkenness of Another Kind (Also, Wrestlings Within the Writing Innkeeper)

Victory and happiness don't come when everything in your life is peachy. They are the results of living more in the realm of the
supernatural than the natural. You're happiest when you choose not to allow the things of this Earth to get you down, when you
choose to rise above. There are no limits to the happiness you can have in life once you've learned to rise above. Obstacles are for
overcoming!  (Image: "Peak District: Between a Rock and a Hard Place"  by Tim Blessed. Copyrighted photo. Used by permission.
Caption is his, too.)
       Good evening everyone,

I'll get to my being drunk in a minute.
More about that, after my gratitudes. But first, I'll recount how my last two days have gone.

      Sunday, I relaxed, watching my football team win their eighth game in a row. That evening, I worked. Afterwards, I stayed at the office, investing time in myself. I enjoy research that helps me to get more out of life.

      Did you have a great Monday?  I did. I rested in the morning; I'm off on Mondays.  Even though that's the case, I led a group tonight. The discussion was authentic, lively, insightful. I like times like this evening where there's great communication and connection.

1. Today, I slept in. Ya ay!  I appreciate rest. I like my body being restored as I luxuriate in hours of rest.
2. I love my friends. I'm a fortunate man. I'd be insane without my friends and family.
3. I'm indebted to my Balcony People. Their support makes it possible for me to run the marathon of life with a lot more ease and tranquility. Their unconditional love strengthens me as I grind out the miles of daily living. We were meant to be in relationship with healthy others. We don't get our healing in isolation.
"He who isolates himself goes against all sound reasoning."
4. I was happy with the results of tonight's group discussion.I enjoy doing what I do, helping others to get more out of their lives and assisting them as they move beyond the challenges they face.
5. I'm blessed knowing a God who loves me and is patient with my frailties. I don't need to perform to be loved by Him. I accomplish more in life when I rely and trust in His power.

I Was Intoxicated In the Morning, Not a Usual Condition

      This morning, I reworked the post. "A Big Part of Being an Adult is Saying No."   It was a struggle, but a delightful one. I'm glad when my thoughts come together and I'm able to express them. It wasn't so, at 5:30 a.m., when I  expanded the link above. I was sleepy.

     If you read that post this morning, it's transformed. Perusing it four hours later, after resting, the revision looked like a drunk wrote it after too many sips of the bottle. I was drunk.  Intoxicated with exhaustion, that is.

      I enjoy the labor writing requires. Applying pen to paper, is not because I want to.  It's because I have to. I'm coerced.  I'm held captive.  That is the case until I  release the thoughts captive within the confines of the innkeeper's mind.

     Ideas not written well rebuke me.  My psyche contorts my soul, wrestling with me; it demands my reflections are painted accurately. If portrayed poorly, my musings haunt me, expressing their disappointment until I get it right.

      I agree with Tolstoy who said every time he wrote, he left a little bit of his blood in the inkwell.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels