Wednesday, November 2

My Happiness Isn't Based On External Circumstances, and the Inn Is Under Construction..

 
  Good evening,

Please pardon the dust. This inn is under construction. I'm half-way through with re-doing
the inndex.  Yes, the inndex. That's what I'll call the topical library for the Attitude of Gratitude Inn  You'll find the Inndex button right under the header. I see I've lost some of the links in the process. That's okay. I'll get it fixed, progress not perfection.

**************************************

I was not able to enter this home away from home until after 1:00 a.m.  I finding out my problems have to do with encryption and assorted cookies attached to my computer. I'm been able to get in under another program but it doesn't allow me to access my administrative page, which I need to enter my posts.

      Moments like these allow me to practice patience. I bet your day was better than mine. My serenity isn't affected by the problems I'm having, as I try accessing this blog. I don't allow external circumstances to affect my attitude.

       I'm grateful for my attitude. Everything rises and falls on our attitude. Having a positive, attitude isn't the result of gritting my teeth and forcing myself to be pleasant. That type of happiness is not happiness. It's phoney happiness, which conflicts with my strong need for authenticity and sincerity.

     No, my happiness comes from within. I've learned to let go and hand my frustrations over to God. Daily, especially in the morning, I seek His Will. I ask Him for the power to carry it out. I might write more, but right now I need to get to bed. I'm tired. But........

My Gratitudes for Wednesday: 

1. I spoke tonight. The results were positive. I was limited in time, which required me being very organized and relaxed. I was.
2. I'm thankful for having dinner with friends afterwards. It's terrific to unwind with friends. I enjoy the hugs we share, along with the conversation.
3. I'm grateful for my memory. It's a gift God gave that I've developed by exercising it daily. Most of you know that the quotes I share here are from memory. I'm thankful for the joy I have when studying. I'm not suggesting that this has to be your case, but, it is mine.
4. I'm thankful for the lunch I'll share with a female friend tomorrow. Enough said.
5. I'm happy that I've posted my first YouTube publication. Not because I like it, but because I followed through on a commitment and placed principles above my resistance in doing so.
6. I was asked to speak again next week. I will. I'm excited about the topic.

As Ive said many times:
"Success depends not merely in how well we do the things we enjoy, but in how conscientiously we perform those duties that we don't."
John Maxwell, Developing the Leader Within You.
6. We had over a thousand visitors on Tuesday and 540 today, even though I was not able to access this inn until late this evening. Thank you for keep the doors to this place open, while I was gone.

     I'm glad this inn provides encouragement and help to those who drop by for respite from the demands of daily living. Thank you, for being my guest.

        Good night,

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels