Monday, June 6

I'm a Little Busy: Alexander is Dying, Perhaps Today 6/6/11

My day is cloudy, and it isn't just the weather. However, it's good
to see their beauty, like the ones here."In everything give thanks.."
May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.
Update 3:40 p.m.: Alexander is hanging in there. He's immobile. He's in diapers made for incontinent dogs. He's kept warm with a fan heater, if you know what I mean. I appreciate your prayers for him, me, and his owner,during this time.
************************************************

     Good morning everyone,

สวัสดี  and Labrīt (welcome) to our new visitors from Thailand and Latvia. Gut morgan to my friends from Germany. Bonjour, to my French-speaking friends; hello to my friends from Canada, the United Kingdom and the U.S., and Selamat pagi to my friend from Malaysia.

     Yep, I cried, this morning. Alexander is dying and will be gone in the next few hours. His owner decided to let him choose when he wants to go, instead of having him put down at the vet's office. Alexander has reached the immobility state which happens when mammals face impending death. I prayed aloud for him. Alexander is spiritual---he knows when we pray: he draws close to us, when we do.

    I've said my good byes to him; I'm confident he knows that he's deeply loved and will be terribly missed. Yes, I'm a grown man. However, my heart has not hardened to the point of not having compassion for a 15-and-a-half year old, renal diseased cat, who's down to 5 lbs. He suffers from cryptococcus, which makes him labor for each breath. His back legs went out this weekend; his muscle tone atrophied due to not eating much for the past month and a half.  He wore diapers yesterday and last night for the first time. The poor guy could not make it to his litter box the past few days.

    I'll check in later. Alex needs my attention. Thank you for dropping by and reading. I enjoy the community we share. I can't wait until this inn truly becomes international, it will. I'd love reading gratitudes expressed in other languages. Some of you may not know that I'm conversational in nine, read and write in six. (Three of them are ancient languages.)

    During times like now, I'm mindful that God is in control. His Son told us that a sparrow does not fall to the ground without Him knowing it. If His eye is on the sparrow, it's also on Alexander, you and me. For those who don't know it, He also loves you dearly.

    I'll talk with you later, 

Image: Cumbria Buttermere by Tim Blessed via Flicker all rights reserved, used by permission

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm sorry for your pain and sadness, Paul. My prayers are with you and Alex.

Pablo said...

Dear Kelly,

It's so good to hear from you! Thank you for reading and commenting.

How are you, are your feet webbed, from all your swimming? I'm glad you're spending time with your son. He won't forget the projects and fun times you share together, this spring and summer.

You're investing in him and his (and your) future, as you fellowship with him, making yourself available to him. Blessings to you, my friend.

Did you ever make it to the AFG meeting? If so, how was it? You've my prayers.

Thank you for your sensitivity and prayers. I love the community we share when we post in this inn. Your prayer are working. You may want to read today's post. Without God's help, and the prayers of others, I can't do much, if anything.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels