Thursday, June 30

Open for Improvement (Also, a trivia question for ya.) 6/30/11

"In His hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind" Job 12:10  (Photographer's caption)

    Good afternoon everyone,

Welcome a new follower to this inn, Bubble Gum.  May you find hope and encouragement during your visits to this inn. Keep coming back. John Chapter 10, great seeing your picture in the followers page.


    How has the week been for you? We've had crazy weather over here in the Bay Area, rain and cool weather, followed by beautifully warm days with no humidity. The flowers above are a small gift for those who've written in this week. Thank you for doing so, I enjoy connecting with you and the community and fellowship we share, when you do.  Please continue sharing your gratitudes, I enjoy hearing them.

    As most of you know, this inn has been open for three months. The paint isl fresh and the wood paneling in the guest rooms still gleam.  May I ask you to give this innkeeper feedback, tips and ideas for this inn? What topics do you think would be good to discuss?
What do you like or don't like about this inn? How can the Attitude of Gratitude Inn improve?  I'm open to ideas. I look forward to hearing them.  Here's to ongoing improvement!

**********************************
 
Trivia Quiz

     A trivia quiz to exercise your noggin: what movie involved three members of the same family and a daughter from another famous actor? One of the actresses won an Academy Award for her role in this movie. I'd love seeing your guesses.I'll give additional clues each day until someone posts the correct answer.

          The Innkeeper


Image: Cumbria: Mountain Valley by Tim Blessed © all rights reserved, used by permission

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm thinking of 'Paper Moon', just because I've been watching a show with that father/daughter team lately...but that can't be right. It must be an older movie, yes?

Constructive criticism? One thing that would enhance the appearance of the inn would be to tweak the header. I don't think your header is as strong as your blog. I would actually like to volunteer my abilities to create you one, if you'd like. Besides that, the inn seems to be a pretty well oiled machine, don't you think?

Pablo said...

Kelly,

Good to hear from you; you didn't notice the flowers I got for you? :-P

Nope, good try, regarding the trivia question. This movie is older. I can see that you're a good detective. Try again.

Clue: one family member was the director of the film.

Thanks for the compliment---I think, regarding this blog being strong. I'd be thrilled to see what you can do, Kelly, regarding my header. Shoot me an e-mail with what you come up with. Can't wait to see your creativity at work, for this blog.

Also, let me know if there's a topic you'd like me to cover. Subjects that I help others with are: isolation, depression, anger, dealing with those who frustrate or anger us, use of boundaries in our relationships, that sort of thing.

Are you going to do anything for the 4th of July?

Keep coming back, this is a better place, when you drop by.

Kelly said...

Paul,

I did notice the flowers. Please excuse me for not thanking you. I don't know where my manners were!

Thanks for the clues. I kind of figured it was older because there aren't too many films that feature so many members of a family in the cast these days, and certainly not of that caliber. I'm going to think on it. I'd rather not google it. :)

It was a compliment, for sure, about the strength of the blog that comes from the work you put into it. I will email you, but I'd really like to try to keep it in alignment with your vision. You'll see what I mean.

As for topics...I'll have to let that simmer and get back to you. I'll try to see if I can get a couple general topics out of some of the things that I've been thinking about lately.

For the 4th I'm actually going into Houston for a massive celebration put on by the city. It has, in the past, been touted as the nations largest over-land fireworks display. I'm not sure if it is that big this year, though. We're going in because our town had to cancel fireworks due to the drought conditions and the strain on the surrounding firework departments caused by all the wildfires that have been going on as of late. It will be an adventure, that is for sure. Lots of people. A little bit of stepping out of my comfort zone. :)

What about you?

I've got to run, I'm going to my grandmother's house, but I will email you from the road.

-Kelly

Pablo said...

Kelly,

Thanks for not googling to find the answer for my trivia question. Take another guess, if you do, I'll give another clue.

I look forward to seeing your ideas about revamping the header for this inn.

Do you have a Southern drawl? Do you say ya'll?
I hope you and Myles have a fantastic time, celebrating the Fourth.

My sons and I will attend a large parade, picnic, perhaps get involved in holiday activities at a park, fly kites along the bay and watch fireworks. The biggest challenge will be for them to be ready by 9:00 a.m.

Thanks for dropping by!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels