Tuesday, June 14

Marks of a Spiritual Awakening .....................6/14/11

Image: "Duckset" by Tim Blessed, © all rights reserved, used by permission. 
       Good evening, everyone, 
Isn't that an exceptional photo, above? It looks like a painting, doesn't it? Tim Blessed,  is a magnificent photographer.  Isn't it amazing, the beauty found in nature? One mark of having a spiritual awakening is that: 
"Moments of appreciation of little things happen more frequently. Some of us experience feelings of connection with and delight in nature, or find ourselves relaxing and going with the flow."
   Isn't it tragic, those who surrender their lives
almost entirely to their work and then they die, having let life pass them by, without enjoying it? I know I've quoted the following before, but it still is worth repeating:
"What man should fear is not death. What man should fear is never beginning to live."
                        Marcus Aurelius 

       I'm celebrating the increasing clarity I'm enjoying; it's a result of discipline.  There are plenty of areas where I'm a work in progress, but I am moving forward, nonetheless.  I happy I'm getting things done; using priorities is a lifesaver, sugar-free, too. 

**************************************************** 
My Gratitudes for Today:
1.  Meeting with several business associates today is cause for thanks. Goals were reviewed and we supported one another. It's uplifting receiving support from the kind and wise. This part of my life I surrender to God, as much as any other area.  I realize I need His help and discernment to see where I need to grow. I can always improve.
2.  For clarity regarding my business, for being on top of my numbers and sticking to my Spending Plan.
3.  For laughter. I thankful for the gift of humor.
    I attended a crowded meeting recently. It was fascinating seeing many people with down turned smiles as their natural expression.
4.  For the gift of focus. This week I've been sharpening my vision for my life in several categories: Professionally, physically, spiritually, relationally, emotionally, and financially.
5. I met with a client today. It was a good time. I love using my skills, personality, intuition, humor, and being of service to others.
               The Innkeeper

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No enormous flash of lightning but a little less drama from living in recovery has been my indicator of a spititual awakening. I can rest peacefully knowing in some way my life has changed for the better. My experience has been little spirts of awakening followed by intervals of sadness and searching for answers through meditation and prayer to God.
My hope is to connect the moments to a continuous flow of peaceful and positive thoughts and emotions.
My emotions have been the best indicator to me when I am going off the track and derailing my life with behaviors so familiar to me but so disruptive to content living.
I am grateful for listening so I could learn how to use tools which are available to make my life flow more easily.
I am grateful for the intellect God blessed me with to learn new information and for an excellent teacher.
I am grateful for the adventure of self discovery I have embarked upon to enhance my understanding of human relationships, needs and how to communicate more effectively.
I am greatful for the innkeeper who puts hours of research and talent together in a ministry available to all who want to be healed and move forward in a life of peace, serenity and love. Mankind is blessed by the Attitude of Gratitude principles and live examples of how they have been applied to better a life. I am grateful for what possibilities lie ahead for mankind. Anne

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels