Friday, June 3

"Improvements" : God Removing Dross from My Life ...6/3/11

Refining gold, removing the dross.
      It will be morning for most of you by the time you read this. I'm squeezing in my gratitudes while I can, before Saturday rolls in, claiming the time. As most of you know, this place provides a gratitude journal for the visitors of this inn. I ask those who drop by, to sign the registry to this place by sharing three gratitudes. It's easy to do, really.Would you give it a try?

My gratitudes for Friday:

1. Met with a client today, the time we spent was powerful and rewarding. I enjoy seeing progress and I'm happy helping others deal with long-term issues, many of them stemming from childhood. I love seeing others celebrating life more than they ever have.

2.  This evening, I had dinner with a friend of seven plus years. Afterwards he spoke at an event and I tagged along. It's fun seeing another person using their craft. My friend has quirky humor that I delight in. I like the honesty we share----it meets my need for communication, belonging, inclusion, love, respect and support.

"Improvements "

      My life is in transition. I'm about to make major improvements in my life. I don't call changes, "changes." I call them improvements. Most people don't like change, nor do I; but we don't mind improvements. I'm eager to see the outcome. I know a month from now I'll be happy settling into a new environment.  I believe I'll have greater peace of mind, not that I don't delight in it, now.
 
     As a kid, my image of the hand of God, was that of punishment. I was brought up fearing a wrathful, harsh, unforgiving God. Like Greek mythology, I felt that if I misbehaved, I might very well be hit with a lightning bolt. All that would remain that would speak of my existence would be a greasy smudge on the sidewalk, where I once stood. That image of Him is long gone. In its place is knowledge of a God whose hand is loving, gracious, quick to forgive and desires the best for me. What a change. Am I glad.

3. I revel in experiencing a God who is patient, kind; I know a God who frees me from issues in my character that do not serve my best interests. Am I glad.

4. Knowing that I can't change the areas where I struggle through the dint of my will power, makes me pretty thankful.

      The pressure is off of me. I'm mindful that I need God's power to remove the frailties in my life. The areas in my life needing growth are many. The good news is that I've seen tremendous growth, over the past years. The wonderful thing is knowing that the best in my life is yet to come. Life gets richer and more satisfying as I yield the dross of my life into God's hands, knowing that He alone refines me.

       Please, have a great and grateful Saturday. Keep posting your thoughts about this post, even if you read this months from now.  I learn from you, when you do. As always, take what you like and leave the rest.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels