Friday, October 26

End of the Week Inventory: High and Low Points for This Week: Please Share Yours

Image: "Autumn Bouquet" by Tim Blessed.
Copyrighted photo, used by permission
       My leg is ready for Halloween. Now, if only the rest of me was.  It's been gruesome
looking---infected, with a long open wound from above my ankle to my knee.   I've taken steps to eliminate this
from happening again.  One can only wish.......

        How was your week? Typically, at the inn, as we approach the weekend, I ask for us to do an inventory, sharing your low and high points for the week. Ready?  I'll start off.
My Low Points: 
1. My leg was in pain every day, day and night.
2. I still have a lot of filing to do. I'll tackle some of it before tomorrow's game, when the Giants play at 5:07 p.m.
3. I've learned a great deal about someone who disappointed me.  I'm overcoming it.  It helps remembering that expectations are a resentment waiting to happen.

    I like ending my posts on a positive note, so here are my.....
High Points: 
1. It rained!  The air is freshly scrubbed and invigorating---the cool presence of this season makes for brisk walks.
2. It's fall! I love this season. It's great weather for exercising.
3. My team, the SF Giants have done miraculously well.
   They are playing in the World Series and doing seriously well. Watching them play reminds me of yesteryear, when I played Little League.
4. My leg is healing. Today is the first day in nearly three weeks that I have not been in pain. It was difficult for me to stand.
5. It was within the past seven days that I taught at a peace forum. I enjoyed my time and the interaction I had with those who attended.
6. I got four new clients this week. I'm thankful for the referrals I'm getting from other clients.
7. I had an honest conversation with one of my sons.
        I was not happy with one part of it and let him know.  I did so while being kind and considerate towards him and left it at that. Ten minutes later, he approached me and apologized.
        Such moments mean more to me when I don't force an apology. I didn't. That's what made for a meaningful time between my son and me.
        As I've said many times, there's only one God and we are not it.
8. I look forward to riding my bike tomorrow.
9. I'm happy with the rack I put on my bike. Its become indispensable. I can many items, large or small, while riding.  A week ago last Tuesday, I carried sixty one pounds of food! That's a great convenience. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels