Thursday, October 25

Doing What Needs To Be Done, Budgeting Time

We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege
and our adventure to discover our own special light. ~Mary Dunbar
    Good evening everyone,

How was your day? One good result after another has been
flowing into my life this week. Am I glad.  I've been tired, though.  I've been rising early, every day, retiring late. Squeezing in time to watch the Giants play in in the playoffs and, now, in the World Series.

     My work is fulfilling. But, it requires staying in shape not only mentally, but spiritually and physically. This is where exercise serves me in good stead.  Lately, that has taken a backseat.

    This month, my mileage cycling has dropped---blame my crowded schedule.  Probably, too, my leg injury and infection, the result of a bike accident I had three weeks ago, cramped my style.  Today is the first day I don't feel a constant burning sensation because of the infection.  The inflamed pink color is toning down, too.  Ya ay!

    Accommodating the demands of life is an ongoing lesson.  Adhering to priorities, budgeting my time and making sure I invest in myself (read, having Quiet Time and cycling) requires scheduling and consciousness about every portion of the day.

    I would love hearing from our Russian guests, the second-largest group that drops by this inn.  I envision reading gratitudes from that part of the world, soon.  Today's been a terrific day for the inn, guests from every continent.
Gratitudes for Today:
1. I rested, somewhat.
2. My injured leg is improving, it's nice, not being distracted by pain.
3. I watched my team play in the World Series.  They won.
4. A new client was added to my practice Tuesday, Wednesday and today. I'm glad that I'm able to serve others, helping them become who they want to be.
5 I had an excellent conversation with my youngest son.  I enjoyed our honesty,  the authenticity, time in prayer and our ability to listen to each other.
6. I look forward to a terrific night of sleep.
7. I'm grateful for skills I've learned that allow me to say what I mean, mean what I say, without saying it meanly.
8. I was treated to dinner last night and this evening. Being appreciated is marvelous! It makes what I do worthwhile.
9. I look forward to this year. I'm taking steps to improve my business and my welfare. If I'm not careful, I could easily take care of everyone but me. Not a good idea. I am the only person who can my make my welfare my number one priority.
How About You? 
What are three gratitudes for today?

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels