Wednesday, October 3

Abundance: Thankful for Health: An Inside Story About The Innkeeper

 “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise” 
                                     ~Benjamin Franklin 
The problem was, when I was ill,I laid in bed for more than two months. Did it restore my
 health, make me wealthy and smarter? Yes, on the first count,  but not in tangible 

                             ways, for the remaining two. 
My Gratitudes for Today
1. Life is good, the weather in the high nineties---that's unusual, with no humidity.
2. I'm happy, enjoying
the comments posted here.  Great dialogue is always good. I appreciate community, connecting with you.
3. Tuesday evening, I rode my bike twenty miles in one hour, going uphill, even. The warm weather made it a great time: no need for my windbreaker.
A Bit About The Innkeeper
      I don't take my health and vigor for granted. Last year---in February, I had pneumonia. I was in bed, coughing blood, with a temperature over 100, for a week. Thank God for ice.
      It peaked at 106 degrees, 41.11 celsius. When that happened, I took an ice bath bringing my temperature down.  Believe it or not, that weekend I spoke before a crowd, the first time I stood up for more than ten minutes, all week. You are right, that was not in my best interest. The next day my temperature was back at 102 degrees.
      In 2010, I was sick for three months with a disease that could have been fatal, if not treated; I had MRSA. The antibiotics, clindamycin, that they gave me to kill MRSA, killed my body. I lost thirty pounds in one month, alone.
       So, you see, I'm thankful for being able to walk. I wasn't able to on that occasion. I was bed-ridden for two months. Friends dropped by to leave prepared meals for me. Thank God for my Balcony People.
       While I'm at it, I also suffer, for the rest of my life, from pancreatitis, It's the side-effect of medications I once took, that were supposed to help me sleep. Oh brother. It is extremely painful when it acts up. I usually get morphine when it acts up. The good thing is that this disease made me a fataholic---I can't eat fat. My liver can't process it. That's a good thing, so I'm lucky.
      There you have it. Now, you know more about your innkeeper. If it wasn't for God watching over me, this inn wouldn't exist. I'm glad it does. I'm glad getting to know you and I value celebrating the wonderful life God's given me.
Abundance is not in how much we have but in how much we enjoy. 
4.  I spoke this evening, the results were positive.  Afterwards, I visited with several in the audience, people I know, who mean alot to me.  One mentors me regarding my business---her name is Lynda. I so appreciate the support she offers. I love her dearly.
5. I chatted with J_________. She shared with the group about a trauma of hers. I was stunned. It was deeply personal.   It blows me away, when that happens.
6. I'm thankful for growing character discernment.  Because of it, my relationships are healthy.  Someone unexpectedly gifted me a pair of sunglasses tonight. She bought me replacements that are the exact copy of the ones I lost on a train, a few weeks ago. I really use them when I cycle.   I love it, how God cares for me in such small but wonderful ways!
7. Guests from Canada have become the third largest group of visitors, following those from the U.S. and Russia. Thank you, for dropping by!
8. My mechanic got angry today.  I've never seen him that way before. I'm glad I'm not externally referented. His behavior had nothing to do with me.
9. This evening, where I spoke, I got plenty of hugs. Connecting with loving others always lifts my spirit.
How About You?
What are your gratitudes of today?  As you know, I ask if it is possible for you to share at least three. You do your spirit a world of good, when you do. Go ahead, exercise your gratitude muscles. I thank you in advance, grateful you dropped by!
Image: "Reflections" by Tim Blessed. Copyrighted photograph, all rights reserved, used by permission. 

2 comments:

Diane sCruz Artist said...

Hi Pablo,

I'm glad to see your smile after a few decades.

Blessings to you,
Diane M.
DM HS '73

Pablo said...

Yes, Diane,

I think I remember you. :-> It ended up that we went to the same university, as I recall.

How are you? What a pleasant surprise you found out about this inn. Life has been good. Are you still in the Bay Area?

Glad to hear from you---I remember our visits, way back when.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels