Monday, October 22

Kisses From God: Unexpected Pleasant Surprises 10/22/12

      I had a great second session with a new client.  It's heartening seeing her progress, in such a short time.  Accep-tance is the first step towards healing.
It is coming to terms with the issue at the heart level.

The First Kiss From God

      At the end of the day, someone unexpectedly showed up at my office, asking for help. We arranged to have a session tomorrow.  I'm glad I offer a safe harbor for those tossed by the storms of life.

     My clients learn how to find protection and safety for their vulnerabilities through exercising healthier alterna-tives.  My profession is ful-filling, varied, challenging, and invigorating. Each day is different, all that has hap-pened in my life prepared me for the work I do, something I love.

      I'm thankful my work allows me to serve others and meet many wonderful people.

      After work, I went to Bowser's, a restaurant on Park St. in my hometown of Alameda.  I watched my baseball team, the San Francisco Giants. They won the seventh and final game in the National League Championship series.
     
       They are making their second trip to the World Series, in three years.  I'm a-ware this is primarily an American sport, but for me, who played baseball in leagues as a youth, I enjoy the vicarious thrill of this team's skills, camaraderie and success.

      There was a per-son at Bowser's who was drunk.  He was distracting.  He tried engaging me in conversation.

      I spoke to the manager. They asked him leave.  I'm grateful recovery helped me e overcome passivity, expressing my concerns.  I was calm, not triggered before the situation was handled.

      I exercised detachment.  The acronym for it is: don't even think about changing him/her.

      It's encouraging, seeing progress in areas that years ago I didn't not know how to handle compassionately or assertively.

Another Kiss from God

      While doing a nonviolent commun-ication workshop at the peace forum on Saturday, the pastor of the church in which the event took place surprised me.  He entered the room as I was guiding the time.

       He interrupted the time by giving a rousing endorsement of my work, to those attending.  Wow. His comments sent several new clients my way.

       I thankful for his kind words respected the partnership we share.

How About You? 
What pleasant surprise, what kiss from God have you experienced, lately?

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels