Monday, October 15

Time With Two Dear Friends

 Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, 
sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate
those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly 
appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it.   Ralph Marston
  How was your day?

I spent the evening here, in Alameda.  Usually, I attend a business-related meeting on Mondays. Tonight, I had proper priorities. I watched the
Giants baseball team perform in the playoffs. My friend Marc joined me for dinner as we watched the game at a restaurant downtown.
My Gratitudes for Today, 
1. I heard from a friend today, via correspondence.  I appreciated it cleared up a misunderstanding based on assumptions.  I reminded him that perception is not necessarily reality.
2. Marc and I had an enjoyable long conversation while watching the game.
     We got to know each other better.  I told him things no one else knows.  He's a wonderful guy. He was born and raised in Alameda and still lives in this island city.
     I appreciate his honesty. We talked about personal issues, supporting one another.
3.  My leg is healing from an accident I had last Tuesday.  Tomorrow, I'm set to try the same trek that literally caused my downfall.  As my scabs are hardening on my shin, my leg is becoming stiff.  I'll be more careful when I hit the driveway edge that did me in last week.
     I'm also going to buy soccer shin guards for my legs and change the jagged edged pedals I have. They are what eat up my legs each time I crash my bike.  This is all about acceptance: seeing what has been happening and taking steps to remedy the resultant problems.
4.  My team, the Giants played well tonight.
      Tomorrow, I'll operate by my regular routine, no baseball game.  Lately, part of taking care of myself is indulging myself. I've been doing that, intently taking in every game the Giants have played in the postseason.  
      It's reduced the amount of bike riding I've done.  That's okay.  I can always come back to that; my Giants in the playoffs is a rarer event.
5.  I'm happy. I love the joy I have, as I am living authentically and consistently with my values.  I enjoy the freedom I have, when I am true to myself.
Expressing My Feelings
6.  I spoke with another person besides Marc today. Letting this other person know how I appreciate him. It was refreshing doing that. When I grew up, I didn't exercise my voice.  I hadn't a clue, how to do that.
      At that time, I was so caught up in the drama of my childhood world, that I was a mute social aborigine, unable to express my opinions or feelings.   Now, because of personal growth, learning how to be in touch with my feelings, and the needs that lie beneath them, I can.  Am I glad.
      It's invigorating saying what I mean, meaning what I say but not saying it meanly.
7. Today, I met with a new client.
       It was a productive and intense time. We hit the ground, running. I feel the results of it. Like and athlete, I need to stay in shape. It allows me to discharge all the tension I receive when immersed in the problems of others.
       I may go for a quick ride, after posting this, even though I'm exhausted. I've been up since five this morning.
8. I look forward to your comments. I enjoy the community we have, when I hear from you.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels